Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Back acne

I don't have acne of my face, but I do have it on my back. It sucks that I can't wear anything that shows my back because you can clearly see the dark spots. What should I do to get rid of them or what products should I use? 

Tags (2)
Re: Back acne

I definitely agree with washing your back after finishing up with your hair routine in the shower and try to keep your hair off your back. 

Change your loofah (or whatever you use) frequently. 

I like the Neutrogena body clearing body wash. It's not too drying for me and it works really well in my experience.

In addition to treating it, keep hair and hair products away from your body. After washing your hair tie it up, and then wash the back. The reason: hair products contain a very high amount of panthenol (vitamin B5); which can be a culprit leading to body acne, and you want to wash all traces of it off.

Also Vitamin C will help lessen inflammation. Korres Japanese Rose body wash is an option, rose hip contains a very high amount of vitamin c.

Hi byeoul! The Murad Acne Body Wash and the Clarifying Body Spray are two products that will definitely help clear your body blemishes.  You can use one or the other as well, but they're very effective when used together. 🙂  

And, surprisingly, they're not too drying.  (at least they weren't for me.) The blemishes did get dry but that's a good thing. You can combat any kind of dryness by using a light body lotion right after you get out of the shower. 

Hope this helps! 

Kevin 

I bought both because a couple months ago I freaked about some acne spots I was getting on my shoulders 😞

I feel the Acne Body Wash is alright. It didn't do much for me, and I feel like anything that only stays on your skin for 30 seconds max isn't going to do much good.

The Clarifying Body Spray, however, did absolute wonders, and my blemishes were gone within 48 hours.

I now use the body spray on the blemishes on my face whenever I need it 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors