Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Help! I'm looking for a good product to get rid of Keratosis Pilaris on my face!

I have keratosis pilaris on my arms and I've found something to take care of that. However, I have it on my forehead and have no idea how to get rid of it! My skin is relatively dry, acne-free with the occasional whitehead, and somewhat sensitive (it gets red easily). I worked for a company for 2 years that sells skincare so I have a decent amount of knowledge on skincare, but I still haven't found anything good for the KP on my face. Help please? I don't really have a price range.

Thanks!

Re: Help! I'm looking for a good product to get rid of Keratosis Pilaris on my face!

I love AHA/BHA peels for my face! It really helps keep my KP at a minimum. DDG peels are my fave. I use both the daily ones and the weekly medi-spa ones. 

Keep in mind, you can't get rid of KP, sadly. only minimize their appearance. 

I actually find it easier to treat my face rather than my arms. Those ones are stubborn, and expensive to boot! haha. 

Re: Help! I'm looking for a good product to get rid of Keratosis Pilaris on my face!

While I was reading up on it recently it said that AHAs and BHAs help so I might start incorporating more of that into my routine. I've been looking at these new pads from **bleep** + Fab that seem to be really promising so we'll see how that goes. 

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod12681127

^^^^It censored the brand because it said N I P lol

Yeah I've had success with certain acids and the KP on my face 🙂

Thanks surfgirl I'm really starting to get frustrated. And when I get frustrated I pick at it and that's a whole fiasco

I have no personal experience with these products, but I heard that the Shea Moisture Black African Soap and Bodywash are very good for getting rid of KP and smoothing out skin in general. I have it myself on my arms, so I was planning on trying these products too. Hope that helps! 

hey surfgirl! Did the KP on your face improve? Mine has gotten worse in recent months and I'm looking for something that helps

Hey! Yes- I am using the Clarisonic Mia 3 and the Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Serum that kevinbt recommended. I didn't really notice much (if any) improvement with the Clarisonic, but I did see some improvement with the Drunk Elephant serum. It wasn't like OMG improvement, but I'd say it cut the number of bumps at least in half.

This sounds bad but the sun.  I find when my arms get some sun + all the other body products I use, it looks and feels much better.

I also found that certain foods will not help at all. So when I was trying to get food sensitives out of my system... avoiding stuff like dairy and gluten I also noticed a difference.

My fav company is The Body Deli (natural brand).  It's not for KP but using their products (soap, scrub, lotion) I see a difference... more than with other brands I've tried in the past. Eliminate foods I am sensitive too and it's even better!

Good luck!

Thanks veronika! I just came back from a music festival where I was out all day and the bumps do seem to be smaller. I've heard about dairy affecting your skin before so I might give that a shot. I also did a peel last night and this morning I saw some good improvement. Until recently I kept thinking it was some sort of acne but now that I'm addressing the real problem hopefully it improves. Thanks for the tips!

You're not alone Veronika!!! The sun helps my eczema too. My eczema will clear up a ton if I just lay out in the sun for a little bit, it's so strange. Although my dermatologist said he's been trying "light therapy" with his eczema patients and putting them out in the sun or under sun lamps seems to improve the skin. Not sure why, but it seems to be helping. 

Surfgirlmiami may I ask what you use that works so well on your arms?  I feel like I have  tried everything under the sun and yet I haven't really noticed any improvements!

Hey Icyogi!

I've been using Dream Cream from LUSH Cosmetics for the past 2 years. It took about 3 weeks-a month for me to see major improvement but I love it and I've never looked back 🙂

Thank you so much for the recommendation!  I bought some a few days, and have already seen a slight improvement. So hopefully in the next few weeks I'll notice some major improvement!

Yay I'm so glad you're seeing improvement! Hope it works out for you 🙂

Have you tried Paula's Choice? I also have KP on my arms and legs, but I have combination skin so I use their BHA formulation. They also carry AHAs that work for dry to normal skin. Their products are cheaper than many others I have found, they actually tell you the percentage of AHA/BHA is in a product, and have worked amazing for me.

Here is a link to their AHA body lotion that might work for you: http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Resist-Skin-Revealing...

Also, they sell samples so you can try that out as well. Best of luck!

No, I haven't tried Paula's Choice! I will definitely look into it especially since they sell samples. I appreciate the product recommendation, not looking to switch body lotions since the cream I'm using on my arms is working so well. Thank you though 🙂 I bought the Clarisonic Mia 3 and so far, so good. It's looking promising.

Hi surfgirlmiami! I can help with that! When treating KP on the face, you have to be a little careful.  The products used to help KP on the body usually have high concentrations of lactic acid that usually will irritate the skin on your face.  For starters, I highly recommend looking into getting a Clarisonic if you do not already have one.  This is going to be the best way of cleansing to avoid over-scrubbing and getting the skin clean enough.  It will also help prep your skin for my second recommendation, the Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum.  This product has a powerful combination of glycolic, lactic, tartaric, citrus, and salicylic acid that is going to help reduce your keratosis pilaris.  

Additionally, I would also recommend seeing a dermatologist!  You can schedule a few sessions to actually have your kp treated, in-office. 

I hope this helps! 

Cheers! 

Kevin 

Thanks so much Kevin!

You're welcome! 🙂 

20 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors