Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Sensitive Skin + Acne = :(

I have really sensitive skin so most acne products make me break out more than I already have. Smiley Sad Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could use to combat breakouts and not create new ones?

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

I know you're not supposed to exfoliate when you have act...

I know you're not supposed to exfoliate when you have active acne, but what you can do is use a terry cloth in the shower, get it really warm, and gently press against your face prior to cleansing your face. You can also do it after cleansing too because you're removing excess water, yet sealing the moisture in with the right moisturizer afterwards. Right now I'm using Ren's ClearCalm 3 Anti-Blemish Clay Cleanser. Although this cleanser doesn't prevent new acne from forming, it slowly combats current breakouts. I use Murad's Skin Perfecting Lotion after cleansing. Hope this helps!

Try out Mario Badescu's Drying lotion or buffering lotion...

Try out Mario Badescu's Drying lotion or buffering lotion, I think both are safe for sensitive skin. Also Kate Somerville's Eradikate is very similar to the Drying Lotion, if you're wanting to get beauty insider points.

For sensitive skin I would stay away from scrubs, esp tho...

For sensitive skin I would stay away from scrubs, esp those containing any kind of shells, and stick with a gentle cleanser from Clinque or Perricone.  You might want to stay away from benzyol peroxide also, it's fairly harsh.

The thing is, the "angrier"/inflamed/red your s...

The thing is, the "angrier"/inflamed/red your sensitive skin is the more likely it will breakout.  So, get a good cleanser and always follow up with a good calming/balancing moisturizer.

Acnetix for the acne and Weleda Skin Care for Sensitive S...

Acnetix for the acne and Weleda Skin Care for Sensitive Skin to nourish and provide protective barrier

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors