Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
What would be the best skin care routine for combination, acne prone, sensitive skin?

What would be the best skin care routine for combination, acne prone, sensitive skin?  I find that if I use a product for acne my skin is very dry and sometimes itchy but if I use a product for sensitive skin my acne is still there.  What kind of products could I use?

This routine may seem a little pricey but its totally wor...

This routine may seem a little pricey but its totally worth it. First I think everyone should invest in a clarisonic. Their cleansers are great also because they are pH balanced and generally for all skin types. I use the gentle hydro cleanser, but Iots of cleansers can work well with the clarisonic. Next I use the Josie Maran argan oil and sometimes I mix it with a little bit of water because my skin is very oily but let me assure you that this stuff is awesome awesome awesome for your skin. Third I use the Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta peels which are amazing. I know it sounds like step two and three should be reversed but I feel like the argan oil preps and moisturizes my super sensitive/acne prone skin before I use the peel pads. All I can say is that my skin has never been so comfortable, balanced and clear.

Re: This routine may seem a little pricey but its totally wor...
Thanks for the help 🙂
I would recommend Clinique's 3 step acne solutions line....

I would recommend Clinique's 3 step acne solutions line. It has worked wonders for me. My skin has never been better. A few of my friends use it as well and have seen similar results. However, the moisturizer does not hydrate enough for dry skin. You will need to use a second moisturizer on top. I use one that has SPF in it, which is recommended when using products with salicylic acid.

Re: I would recommend Clinique's 3 step acne solutions line....
Thank you! I have to return another set I bought so i'll check out the clinique set
I have the same skin type as you! What works for me is us...

I have the same skin type as you! What works for me is using a gentle cleanser, then skip moisturizer on the oily parts of my face and only moisturize the dry parts. Then i put a product that contains salicyilic acid all over my face, and to spot treat acne I use something with benzoyl peroxide in it. Don`t be alarmed to put saliycilic acid all over your face because it exfoliates each cell which reduces exess sebum production which leads to acne. The benzoyl peroxide is an antibacterial agent... and it might dry out your skin so tea tree oil might work better for you. tea tree has the same effects as benzoyl peroxide but it doesnt work as fast.. but its all natural! 🙂 It works fro me! hope this helps 🙂 xx

Re: I have the same skin type as you! What works for me is us...
i'll try the tea tree because I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide. Thanks 🙂
Re: I have the same skin type as you! What works for me is us...
That was great advice! I had two quick questions: (1) Do you put the salicyilic acid on your face after the moisturizer and what product do yo use? (2) Do you use a facial mask in addition to your regime, if so which one(s) would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!!
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors