Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|
Expression lines between eyebrows

I started noticing vertical lines between my eyebrows specially since I have been more exposed to the sun/environment in the last 2 years, due to walking and biking to work. I make facial expressions especially when the sun is hitting my face. I am 36 years old and I try to take good care of my skin. I have been using Kielh's products for the last 10 years. I love the Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate, which used to help with fine lines, but I think it is time to move on and try new products. Any suggestions? 

Re: Expression lines between eyebrows

Thank you so much Lylysa! 

This is really helpful!  I do use SPF daily (my Dior make up has SPF25 in addition I wear Kiel's super fluid SPF50. 

Is there such thing as using creams that are too heavy for your age group? If so how can I know what is right for my age? 

Re: Expression lines between eyebrows

Hi, AliGall!

Are you currently using SPF daily, especially with with walking and biking to work? Sunscreen is bar far the most simple and effective way to shield skin from further and excess damage from UV rays and environmental aggressors as well as protecting the benefits and repairative results from treatments applied to skin. 

The Kielh's PSLRC that was being used relies heavily on vitamin C as an anti-oxidant source to ward off signs of free radical damage as well as supporting natural collagen and elastin synthesis. Adenosine is also used to ward off lines and soothe skin.

For something a bit more heavy duty, I would suggest seeking a product that also incorporates anti-oxidants with peptides. Peptides are amino acids that help to repair and restore collagen bundles. These produce a short and long term result to where you get a subtle plumping/firming effect during application, but overtime skin's volume and suppleness can improve. 

Something like Dr. Dennis Gross' Triple C Peptide Firming Oil touches into many aspects that will benefit skin:

With vitamin C, you're again supporting that natural collagen production but also promoting a more even skin tone for brightness and clarity (important as you're outdoors plenty), the peptide blend will provide more targeted treatment to existing lines, a blend of alpha hydroxy acids will resurfance skin's texture (lending a hand to smoothness and this having lines defined less) and support healthier cellular regeneration, retinol will combat more drastic signs of aging while also supporting that cellular turnover, and numerous fatty-acid enriched oils will hydrate and condition skin (as well moisturized skin is less apt to have textural issues from dryness to lines/wrinkles enhanced).

Algenist's Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Vitamin C+ Serum is a bit more mild as it doesn't retinol or more potent alpha hydroxy acids found in the DDG oil, but it still has components that will touch into your concerns. As the name states, it still utilizes vitamin C as a key ingredient to benefit skin, but it also derives more anti-oxidant protection from algae extract which has calming and soothing properties as well. Peptides are paired with healing niacinamide (a repairative component of vitamin B) and cocktailed with ceramides which aid to improve moisture and lipid retention within cell walls/tissue so that your cells are able to utilize moisture introduced in a more efficient manner.

For something a bit more simplistic in its approach, Kate Somerville's HydraKate Line Release Serum walks similar paths to the Algenist with vitamin C enriched grapefruit and algae extracts, sodium hyaluronate (a humectant that binds 1000x its weight in moisture to skin for a weightless approach to hydration and thus plump skin's texture), and peptides.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors