Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|
Eyelid elasticity fading

I'm 24, and I'm already noticing the elasticity in my eyes deteriorating. I use eye shadow every day, but I apply it with a soft brush. Is there any affordable serum or lotion that I can use to replenish/restore the elasticity to my eyelids? Is there something I might be doing wrong? 

Re: Eyelid elasticity fading

Hi Megs0422,

Full eye shadow every day can be tough on the eyelids, are you currently using any serums or creams to treat the skin? My first tip would be to be sure to always remove your eye makeup every night. My second would be to  be sure you're taking care of the skin of your eyes since eye shadow can be such a heavy, dry product.

The products I would recommend trying would be Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum which has black tea ferment and copper peptides that work together to support natural collagen and elastin production and stop glycation, or the Perricone MD Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum which is formulated specifically to help with extreme loss of elasticity in the eyelid.

Next time you're in store, as a Cast Member to make you up some samples of these products so you can try them out.

Hope this helps!

Re: Eyelid elasticity fading

LindsayBT brings up excellent points in terms of following suit with a skin care approach to improve the quality and condition of lids. Since the skin along lids is quite delicate, be sure that items being used are deemed lid safe (when in doubt, consider contacting a brand's customer service line to be sure if it's not marked on the packaging).

The below thread has additional eye lid-safe products and treatments as well as a recommendation for Urban Decay's Anti-Aging Shadow Primer which will also help with improving show your shadow applies and lasts:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Antiaging/Wrinkles-and-saggy-skin-around-the-eyes/m-p/2301290/highli...

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors