From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
I am 33 and started having wrinkles under my eyes. Whats the best product for that?

Hello,

I am relatively fair (I use biege foundation) and my skin is a combination sensitive skin. 

I dont know whether I should use concealer only or an anti aging product/formula. I feel that I am growing old and dont know what I should really do about that. I am currently using Eucerin, this is it:

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Eucerin_AQUAporin_ACTIVE_Moisturising_Eye_Cream_15ml.jpg

I then use Benifit's Stay do not stray primer, then dior nude concealer, this one:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4Hyo_t-Vn8A/Tf5Dyz7KisI/AAAAAAAACbY/YIUQadbekwc/s1600/Dior%2Bconcealer.jpg

But I am not seeing any change, in fact the area turn grey but I dont want to use a corrector because I dont want to use so many products in the under eye area. 

Is there a product that serves as a medical treatment and at the same time a concealer and anti aging? 

Thanks. 

Re: I am 33 and started having wrinkles under my eyes. Whats the best product for that?

Hi, Mimmi, To make the wrinkles less visible you might want to try an eye cream that offers the full spectrum of anti ageing benefits (plumps up fine lines with retinol, gets rid of darkness, de-puffs, deflates bags) , because as Greenchillie points out, wrinkles and fine lines look much worse when the under eye area is not well moisturized. Some great brands with reasonably low priced eye creams that actually help plump out fine lines are Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Radical, Elemis, Avene, Bioderma, Lancome, and even L'Oreal and Embrollisse. Dior does a decent lowish priced eye cream too.

As I am 43, and have fine lines, pigmentation issues, and caves beneath my eyes, I spend a little more to use products that work both immediately to correct what is visible and also over time for a lasting benefit. I've found the Verso Super Eye Serum to be fantastic at fine line zapping due to its high Retinol-8 content. The creams I love right now include Algenist's Eye Renewal Balm, Algenists Genius Anti-Ageing Eye Cream, and Zelen's Triple Action Eye Cream. These are a little more expensive, but not in the Super Premium league.

If you can afford the Super Premium league easily, I'd recommend La Prairie's Anti Ageing Eye Cream, or if you want to pay a little more, La Prairie's Caviar Eye Cream makes fine lines and wrinkles a thing of the past.

Re: I am 33 and started having wrinkles under my eyes. Whats the best product for that?

Mimi,

For wrinkle and fine lines, it is important to keep the area moisturized.  You need a good eye cream.   A concealer is better suited for covering dark circles etc.  If there is a product that does both well, I am not aware of it.  I also am not keen on "do everything products" cuz in my experience they do everything poorly.

Sephora carries some great skincare lines that offer under eye creams. Origins, Philosophy etc are very popular.  I use Mario Badescu eye cream that I purchase from Nordstroms.  You can also add in a serum that is formulated to fight fine lines and wrinkles.  I very much like Dr. Dennis Gross products.  You might look into his serums.

We can't completely prevent wrinkles, but we can slow it down.  Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors