Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
Hey UD junkies

UD will be on hautelook march 31st. I don't know what will be on there, but it's bound to be a good price!

maybe some 15th anniversary eyeliner sets? maybe some naked palettes? maybe some of their new summer lineup? I don't know, but I'm always excited for sales and good deals.

Re: Hey UD junkies

I agree with everyone...WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! Yes, I did get some stuff but I thought I was going to get a lot more. It seemed like there werent many options. I dont know, I just expected a lot more options than I saw. 

I got...

Matte eyeshadows in  Cult and Shakedown

Afterglow Blush in Quickie (Never even seen this blush. but it looked pretty. Anyone know this one?)

and the Summer Of Love Palette. 

I like the stuff I got but I am disappointed with the sale in general. Oh well. 

@pinkyy13:  I have (I guess I should say "had") the UD Afterglow Blush in Quickie and I loved it.  It's a beautiful pink color that's great for spring and summer.  The only place I've seen it available lately is UD's website directly so I'm wondering if they are phasing it out.  It's a great quality blush.  When you get it, please post what you think about it. 🙂

Well its good to hear that I got a good one! It looked really pretty in the picture but I kind of went in blind hoping for the best. I will defintiely let you know what I think when I get it. (Which unfortunately, wont arrive until middle to end of April. boo!) But I'm still excited!

see I'm not a fan of matte shadows, so those didn't appeal to me. My wallet is happy though.

as for the free shipping on UD's website, today is the last day I believe. but they always have free shipping for purchases over $50. so if you don't buy you're stuff today, you'll just have to buy a bit more  to get free shipping.

that was so disappointing, it's almost painful.

pariah wrote:

that was so disappointing, it's almost painful.

I so agree. I got three things. Three. Two glosses and an eye shadow. I really only WANTED one of the lip glosses, but I stocked up on one I already had that I like, and bought the Gash eye shadow to check out, just because it was so cheap. he last Haute Look UD sale had tons of makeup brushes, pigments, etc. I am SO disappointed in this one! Oh well, at least I only spent what ONE gloss would have cost me full price! 🙂

I agree!! In previous sales they had a ton more than they did this morning. Smiley Indifferent

I signed up for HauteLook for Urban Decay day today and I agree that it was disappointing that they weren't offering more items, but I actually came out with a good haul because I love UD Matte Eyeshadows which are being discontinued.  So I got 5 different colors for $5 each and paid $5.95 shipping so they came out costing me an average of $6.19 each whereas they used to cost $17 each plus shipping.  Anyway, I came out pretty good on that deal.  I hope some of the rest of you were able to find some stuff, too. 🙂

I was disappointed that even though I was only 5 minutes late into the sale, all the palettes were sold out!  I mean, how many did they have to start with, three or four?  But I got 3 of the matte shadows, so I'm satisfied, though not thrilled. I would have liked to seen a few more different items, too, from all the hype, I thought this was going to be a massive sale.

prettyinpa wrote:

I was disappointed that even though I was only 5 minutes late into the sale, all the palettes were sold out!  I mean, how many did they have to start with, three or four?  But I got 3 of the matte shadows, so I'm satisfied, though not thrilled. I would have liked to seen a few more different items, too, from all the hype, I thought this was going to be a massive sale.

@prettyinpa - the UD palettes that HauteLook had are already on sale for the same price at the Urban Decay website, so if you want them you can still get them from there.  🙂  And the UD website says its free shipping over $10.

@serendipity -OOOH, Thanks a lot for the palette advice! I didn't think to look at UD's website, GENIUS!!

@pariah- Thanks for the shipping info! That totally makes sense why I've heard that shipping takes so long. Originally I thought that UD unloaded a whole bunch of things on Hautelook and then Hautelook sold what they had. But I guess this is a different way of doing it. Have you ever bought makeup from hautelook before? And if so what was your experience with the products?

I just checked the Haute Look email that I got today and they said that it's color, nail polish, bronzers  "and more!"

I wonder what the "and more" is........

Has anybody tried UD nail polish before?  Is it any good?

Hey ladies-

I am already signed up for hautelook. I am pretty excited to check out the Urban Decay sale (only cause I LOVE LOVE LOVE Urban Decay....just like the rest of you haha) but I do worry about purchasing through Hautelook.

They do send out daily emails about each daily sales (so fair warning to those who hate daily emails)!

I have not purchased from hautelook yet but I have heard (read online actually) that they are extremely slow to ship out their products. I've read that people have said that its taken 2-4 weeks sometimes to get their order. Anyone know more info about their shipping?

I cant wait to see what they'll have but I highly doubt they will have new/upcoming items. Its probably gonna be stuff thats a bit older/been around and not so much in demand anymore.

the reason shipping takes so long is because they order the products from the company AFTER you order from them. so basically company A says to hautelook "okay you can sell  Product X for this price, but don't sell more than 250 of them." so haute look lists that product for that price, if 250 people buy that product then hautelook goes to the company and says,"alright we sold, 250 send them our way." so the company sends 250 products to hautelook and hautelook  sends them out to each of the 250 people that bought the product. see how shipping can wind up taking a while? it's lame, but shipping doesn't always take forever. and I've gotten some pretty awesome stuff of hautelook before.

@kelli23: I hadn't heard about the pencils! Thanks for the heads up!!!! I will stick to tools and eyeshadows!

No problem ladies! Smiley Happy Hopefully they have some palettes on sale! 

I've purchased UD on Hautelook once before and I was soooo disappointed with my purchase. I bought eyeliner pencils and when i received them, they were so hard the color wouldn't even show up on paper let alone on my eyes!! i felt like all of the expired product was being sold or something. Please be careful!!! 

First of all, I am a huge UD junkie so thanks for the heads up!!!  However, I hate to sound like an idiot, but I have heard mention of Haute Look, but have no clue what it's about. Smiley Sad  If I sign up, will they send me a lot of junk e-mails, or can you control your privacy settings?  Just wondering before I sign up...Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors