Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
Urban Decay Setting Spray?
Does the urban decay "All Nighter" setting spray work even if i go in the pool? I am contemplating buying it because I'm starting the swim unit in gym class next week and I want to wear makeup but I don't have enough time to apply it after swimming
Re: Urban Decay Setting Spray?

UD won't make it waterproof, it does move a bit from sweating/natural oils (I have combo oily skin though). I would rather get the chlorine off my skin well then worry about makeup 😉

However, if you use a tinted moisturizer or powder those should be easier enough to apply in limited time. Unless daily you use thicker, fuller makeup then you'll need more heavy duty products like stage/waterproof to keep it on longer.

Hi @katie1027,

As amazing as this product is, I do not think it will keep your makeup in place if you fully submerge yourself in a pool. It will keep your make up fresh all day when it is hot and humid or cold and windy, but I do not think it will hold up if you are in the pool for an extended amount of time. 

I would look into finding waterproof make up, like mascara and eyeliner that will last and maybe will require touch ups after swimming. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Also too, keep in mind that no makeup ever 100% waterproof no matter how it markets itself. The natural oils in your skin break it down throughout the day.

Setting spray is used to set your makeup in place and extend its wear throughout the day, but it will not make it waterproof. It is tough for makeup to last through swimming, but your best option would be to find products that was actually waterproof. Some products are better at this than others. There are a lot of decent waterproof mascaras on the market, but finding a waterproof eyeshadow or foundation might be trickier. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors