Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
Face Wash Recommendations

Does anyone have a face wash they recommend for use one to two times a day? I am looking for a wash that does many jobs for my skin. I have combination skin with a bit extra dryness and sensitivity.

Re: Face Wash Recommendations

I have oily skin but I use a lot of acne products and retinol so it can get dried out easily (while over-producing oil at the same time!).

I use the Origins Checks & Balances frothy face wash at night. It's really creamy and I use it to take off my make up (if you use waterproof mascara though I'd recommend removing that individually).

And like Lylysa said - have you considered only washing at night? I only use a clarifying toner in the morning or my skin feels too tight. You might consider only a hydrating toner in the morning. And my skin feels plenty clean just using a toner!

My favourite is the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil, I use it twice a day.  It takes off whatever makeup coconut oil missed and leaves my skin feeling soft, well cleansed and not tight or sensitive.

I've been liking the Boscia Makeup-Breakup lately. My skin runs on the dryer side and this cleanser never makes it feel tight or flakey, even if I use it a few times a day (what can I say - some days just end up being sweatier/grimier than others). 

http://www.sephora.com/makeup-breakup-cool-cleansing-oil-P254604?skuId=1227891

I like origins checks and balances creamy cleanser. You only need a pea sized amount so the tube lasts a long time. I've been using it on my combo skin with dry patches and oily tzone. I use a separate cleansing oil first to remove makeup.

I started out using Origins Checks and Balances and then switched to OH AfrIcan Red Tea. Both are foaming cleansers and I love them both.

I have a bunch of Fresh samples that I will be trying as well.

By chance is there a particular reason you would prefer to cleanse twice a day when your combination skin is more on the dry side and a bit more sensitive? The "rule" of needing to cleanse skin twice a day is actually quite dated and doesn't hold as much truth as you may think. In fact, overcleansing skin when it's not necessary may actually do more harm than good by stripping skin of natural oils it needs to maintain balance and thus in turn cause your skin to overcompensate by producing more oil to make up for what is so quickly being removed. 

If you just prefer that "fresh, clean" feeling in the morning, you may consider using a hydrating or refreshing toner that you can either mist onto skin or wipe down with a cotton ball/pad. 

I really love the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea foaming face wash.  I use it twice a day and it is good for dry skin, has anti-aging benefits and also removes makeup.  One of my HG products!

http://www.sephora.com/african-red-tea-foaming-cleanser-P211343?skuId=1087576

I have the same problem but for me my skins tends to be on the oily side. 

For my daily routine , I use a cleansing oil like Josie Maran and then use a gel face wash, but since your on the drier side i would suggest a gentle foam cleanser. 

http://www.lgcare.com/english/products/productDetailP.jsp?mid=&cid=02&bid=03&sgrpid=&sid=A03&flash_n...

Remember its the skincare routine after you wash up that counts too!

- Toner, Essence, Eye Cream, ( Any treatments - Acne creams & etc) , Serum, Lotion. ( Optional Mask Sheets/ Sleeping Pack)

Hey Marsiedotes,

I've been using Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash over my Clinique for the past few weeks and it has been so wonderful for my skin.

Like you, I possess combination skin, but with acne and sensitivity in some areas, and occasional dryness around my chin and nostrils.

I use it twice a day and it even helps to remove my makeup at night.

A little goes a long way, for it foams up very nicely in tepid/warm water.

If your skin is sensitive to fragrances, there is Bergamot, Spearmint and Lavender in it. 

But I haven't had a problem with that yet.

Good luck.

Hi Marsiedotes,   Have you ever tried the Fresh Soy Face...

Hi Marsiedotes,

Have you ever tried the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser! I highly recommend it for you, it is fragrance- and soap-free so it does not dry out skin. I also like that it removes eye make up, it also does not foam up.

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=fresh%20soy%20wash&skuId=487694&productId=P...

Re: Hi Marsiedotes,   Have you ever tried the Fresh Soy Face...
Thank you!
11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors