Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Combination Skin
|
Cleanser for Combo/Oily Skin w/Acne

I'm looking for a good cleanser for combo/oily skin. Preferably, something that removes make-up, too. I also breakout...*sigh*

I love Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleasner. Its a gel li...

I love Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleasner. Its a gel like cleanser that's targeted for acneic and oily skin but becuase of the botanicals its not over drying so its good to use AM and PM. I also find that its removes all my make up. 

Hope this helps!

HI Boogieism, Those are all great suggestions!   I also...

HI Boogieism,

Those are all great suggestions!

I also wanted to add that you might want to try the Origins Zero Oil™ Deep Pore Cleanser because it will leave your skin feeling very clean and reduces any excess oil. It also contains salicylic acid to help control acne.Smiley Happy
Zero Oil™ Deep Pore Cleanser

I would also recommend using a make up wipe like the Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes to remove make up before cleansing.

Bear Naked Wipes

Re: HI Boogieism, Those are all great suggestions!   I also...
Boogieism, make sure you are washing for 60 seconds. This allows the cleanser to really work. Most folks wash for 10 seconds. Try timing yourself next time and you will be surprised at how little time you wash.

Rinse with a washcloth. This will provide gentle exfoliation. Use a clean one each night ( buy at Target in the bundle pack. Then splash with water. In the morning, just rinse with water and apply moisturizer. You really don't need to wash twice. If you feel you do, just do a 20-30 second wash so you don't strip your skin.
Hi boogieism,   I like Cherrybombtastic's suggestion. :)...

Hi boogieism,

I like Cherrybombtastic's suggestion. Smiley Happy Dermadoctor has some fantastic products to treat blemish prone skin.

I suggest you try the Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser which is a light gel cleanser that is specifically for acne-prone skin types. Your complexion is left fresh and hydrated without over drying or irritation. What's great is that this cleanser also helps to regulate oil production.

Detox Daily Cleanser

I also think the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is another nice addition for your skin. This cleanser is great for removing makeup and buildup of impurities on the skin. It is great for all skin types, leaves no residue and safe for the eye area. The Soybean extract is fabulous for anti aging in keep hydration while smoothing the skins texture and maintaining elasticity.

Soy Face Cleanser

I hope my suggestions can help you to choose the perfect cleanser for your skin!

I really like Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehavin' AHA/BHA cle...

I really like Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehavin' AHA/BHA cleanser. Really great for acne and you actually feel like it's doing something (slight tingle until skin gets used to it), and because it's a cream cleanser, it helps balance the skin rather than drying out the skin. I use this twice a day and I use Argan oil only at night and I have gotten less acne and my acne scars have gradually gone away. I forgot to mention, I get oily skin during the summer and dry skin during colder months. I hope this helps and good luck!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors