Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|
Help! need a good line

I have combo skin, few breakouts recently, due to not finding a good line, tried ole henricksen anti aging and it gave me blotchy patches and white bumps. I have a few light scars on my chin. Im looking for something brightening, clearing, not too harsh, evening etc HELP! i usually have clear nice skin, but recently it has just been acting up 

Your skin may be acting up because you have switched up t...

Your skin may be acting up because you have switched up too many products. I'd simplify with a gentle cleanser, day moisturizer with spf, and night moisturizer, maybe exfoliate 1-2x a week. If you simplify, then you can test individual products to see which is the culprit.

I like Paula's Choice. I don't think they sell it at Seph...

I like Paula's Choice. I don't think they sell it at Sephora but this line has a whole skincare line for Combination skin.

Here is the link to the products:

http://www.paulaschoice.com/category/advanced-skin-care-systems

Take a look.You can get a whole Advance Skin Care system at an affordable price. I really like it but I also like Boscia for some of its products.

So Im thinking you should look into using the Peter Thoma...

So Im thinking you should look into using the Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads. They have a 10% Gylcolic & 1/2% Salicylic.  So not only will they help w the scars but also kill bacteria. I work at a store in Colorado so Ive come across this. Which Ole kit did you say you tired? Sometimes people can be allergic to vitamin C also those white bumps you are seeing, are they white heads? Or almost like a clogged pore? Check to see if any of the products your using has Bismuth Oxychloride in it. Its a heavier mineral which tends to clog the pores. As far as other products go I would say to just so a basic cleanser, moisturizer, & eye cream. Keep it simple. Hope this helps.

My skin sounds similar, i have nice skin normally but som...

My skin sounds similar, i have nice skin normally but sometimes it acts up. When it does this i always turn to the boscia line. Its not overly expensive and it really works. The products are not harsh and they clear up the few pimples i have fast.

I had white bumps from this awful thebalm foundation but...

I had white bumps from this awful thebalm foundation but i started using the face mask from pangea and that stuff is bomb! Its pretty expensive but you get a lot of product for the money and you only need to use a little bit. It smells a little funny, not bad, just super healthy smelling i guess.. Everything from pangea is like seriously amazing. No joke 😃  Kate Somerville has this treatment called eradikate or something and I'm actually just about to buy it. It's supposed to be a super good like spot treatment. Oh, and korres is good too. Their yogurt cooling gel is awesome for breakouts. Its soothes and just calms down my skin.

Someone else mentioned the clarisonic and purity and i use that combo! Together they get rid of bumps and blackheads and dry, flaky skin. It's amazing, both of those products are like the greatest things ever invented 🙂 They're not harsh at all by the way, none of the stuff i use is because i have hella sensitive skin lol. 

Trust me! i used to have the same problems! but ever senc...

Trust me! i used to have the same problems! but ever sence i have been using the Clinique 3 step system, (your oily so you would be eather type 3 or type 4) my skin has been amazing! im on my schools cheer team so i work out all the time in the sun and my face still looks clear! ok i know i sound like an ad, but Clinique is amazing! i have swiched so many of my friends over to Clinique and they love it! they were using expensive brands (like 100 dollar brands) proactive, drugstore brands, and a whole bunch more and they all love clinique! and quess what! clinique durring the winter season has HUGE deals on there skin care products! and they have sample sizes to!

You really need to try it! and the bottles are in different colors! which is sooo cute!

haha anyways i really hoped i helped you!

let me know if you desided to try it!

I have recently discovered Paula's Choice and I really li...

I have recently discovered Paula's Choice and I really like her products. She has a website that recommends different products and she cuts through all of the marketing jargon and lets you know the truth. She wrote the book, "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter without Me." Ahe also runs the beautypedia.com site and this site gives you the nitty gritty of different cosmetics. Most o the time I will read her research and look to see if they offer the product at Sephora and most of the time they do and order from Sephora so I can get the Beauty Points.

Having said that she has a product line that treats what you are describing. She has a 100% money back guarantee and its well worth it.

Re: I have recently discovered Paula's Choice and I really li...
I'm totally sold on the beautypedia site and I always look at her write up before I buy anything. Have you ever tried her products? It's pretty good, especially the skin care products.
Re: I have recently discovered Paula's Choice and I really li...
That book is great!!! I check out her website before I buy a lot.
I have combo/a little oily skin & I have found that t...

I have combo/a little oily skin & I have found that the best product I have used is Philosophy Help Me. I took home a sample and a little bit lasted me 3 nights. I noticed results in those 3 applications so I bought it and have been using it ever since. I get compliments on my skin almost on a daily basis now. I suggest giving Help Me a try (& if it doesn't work for you you can always bring it back because of Sephora's fantastic return policy.) I hope this helped 🙂

I have combination skin too .. but mine's also sensitive , so I have to be really careful with what I use. Natural products have always worked well for me, right now i'm using Boscia's line. I'm using the clear complexion cleanser & the vital dailty mosturizer. The products are light and clean feeling ... not too chemically at all.

I'm also a big fan of Ole Henriksen's invigorating night gel, though people either seem to like it or hate it. It seems to transform my skin overnight - after a long day of work, my skin gets all blotchy and a few zits tend to pop up ... but the next morning, the gel seems to smoothen out everything.

I agree with the commentor below though, it depends on your skin!

I am going to recommend REN for you. You can try out the...

I am going to recommend REN for you. You can try out the products by purchasing the set that is available right now. Since you have combo skin you should go with the kit for combination skin. The set consist of a facial cleansing gel, matte balancing fluid, pore minimizing detox mask and glycolatic skin renewal peel mask. If your skin is reacting to ole henriksen its most likely because the brand is natural and has few citrus ingredients that dont react to well with different skin. The particular REN  set that I mentioned is not completely going to turn your skin around in terms of acne, but the products definitely help though. Here is a link for the set http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P264435&categoryId=C16050 For your acne I would recommend trying out lines such as boscia, murad and clinique. Each brand has different ingredients and you can only find out which one works on you, if you try them. I dont recommend trying all of them together, but you can sample some and use it for a week or two and see the results. For me, I have combo skin as well and clinique has helped the most.

Philosophy's Purity Made Simple is probably the best face...

Philosophy's Purity Made Simple is probably the best facewash I've ever used. I'm also a fan of their Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. If you're concerned about imperfections, I also recommend the Clarisonic Skincare Brush. I've been using it for about a month and have noticed drastic changes in my complexion. I have fewer pimples and blackheads, and my skintone seems more even.

I do have Combo skin with breakouts , too. Try everything...

I do have Combo skin with breakouts , too.

Try everything form Dermalogica! The products arent cheap, but the definitly work!

Just look on the homepage and find a store.

First theywill do a face mapping to give you the best products which fit to your skin condition.

In my case, my skin took 1-2 month to "accept" Dermalogica products, and now everythings fine!

Hope this could help. Good luck!   Smiley Wink

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors