Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Combination Skin
|
What face moisturizer is right for my skin?

Please help me!

I'm 21, with true combination skin (slightly dry cheeks, slightly oily T-zone) and skin cancer runs in my family. (When I was little, my grandmother used to have to get chunks of skin cut out of her face and body, and it really scared me, so she made me promise to wear sunscreen.) So, I want a daily moisturizer that has SPF and is really good for my skin.

I need a really good moisturizer that has EVERYTHING I need:

-SPF of at least 15, preferably 30.

-a good non-greasy feel to it

-non-comedogenic (my T-zone isn't too oily with daily washing and toner, but some lotions make it horrible)

-nice smell (hey, if it stinks, why would I want it on my face?)

-absorbed quickly/easy application

I'm not sure about using anti-aging products on my skin... I'm not break-out-prone, but if I get lazy about washing my face and just do toner instead for a few days, I break out, especially around my chin.

My current products I use daily are Bliss Lid + Lash wash, Philosophy Purity Made Simple, and Erno Laszlo Normalizer "Shake it" (which is a toner product with base built in <3)

I was looking at Bliss Fabulous Face Lotion, but just wanted a little feedback.

Sorry this is so long! Thanks for your help,

TigerLilly1024

What i use is Murad http://sephora.com/browse/product.jht...

What i use is Murad http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P72003&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4164, it is a moisturizer with redness correction, if your cheeks turn red when they are dry.  I find it has sort of like a light citrisy smell, that i love, and it has an SPF of 15, which is on the low side for what you want, but i find it really works, just to have that much. 

Hope this helps!

I would try Peter Thomas Uber-Dry Sunscreen SPF 30 which...

I would try Peter Thomas Uber-Dry Sunscreen SPF 30 which is an ultra-lightweight sunscreen that provides UVA/UVB protection, while leaving your skin feeling smooth and dry.  It's not the least bit greasy and works great underneath makeup.  It's enriched with Vitamins A, C and E to help fight against free radical damage and leave a non-sticky, residue-free, non-greasy layer of SPF 30 protection on your skin.  It's also PABA- and fragrance-free, and dermatologist, clinically and allergy tested.  You can read all about it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210822&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3728

I hope this helps you. Smiley Happy

If you have a family history of skin cancer, don't rely o...

If you have a family history of skin cancer, don't rely only on SPF in your makeup, they just don't come high enough SPF to really protect your skin, especially if you are going to be out in the sun. I am pale, and use LaRoche-Posay Anthelios 60 liquid sunblock under my makep, everyday, rain or shine, winter and summer, reapplying every 2 hours if outside.

The Anthelios is non-comedogenic and has a pleasant feel to it, not greasy at all. No smell and absorbs very quickly.

Another neat product is Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Powder SPF 45 which you dust on over your makeup for quick SPF touch ups during the day. It comes in regular, oily skin formula and one with a bronzer built in for color as well as protection!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors