Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Combination Skin
|
What's a better acne treatment?

I'm 15 and my dad had really bad acne. I went to my doctor and got on a prescription I was on it for 9 months it worked well I was on it but when it was done the breakouts were less harsh. I decided to scrap the pills this time around and find a new skincare routine. I'm pretty sure I have used every this clinique has. I don't feel it's been working for how much it is. I have combination skin, beige skin tone, blue eyes. I was thinking of trying Clean Scene by murad. Is that a good product to try? Any other suggestions? 

Tags (2)
Do not use Murad because my friend and I used it and she...

Do not use Murad because my friend and I used it and she got like two layers of her skin taken off by it, and I got huge pimple on my face. So I would recommend going to a dermatologist for more info.

Clean Scene by murad might help and you might also try Bl...

Clean Scene by murad might help and you might also try Bliss No Zit Sherlock. I think both are great! 

Since you are young you may even try just being really gentle on your skin. i've has some friends who had really bad acne and just used gentle cleansers or bar soap and it cleared up completely! 

If this isn't working check active ingredients and look for tea tree oil, willow bark extract and sulfur. ELF has one and (mineral blemish treatment) and Bare escentuals has one but they are really expensive. 

I like both Murad and Clinique, but I find Murad's spot t...

I like both Murad and Clinique, but I find Murad's spot treatment to be a little harsh.  As a teen, the ingredients that will work best for you are salycylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.  Try using a regimine of wash, toner, and spot treatment.  Once a week, you could also use a clay-based mask--Clinique has one that draws out impurities.  A great spot treatment that contains both benzoyl peroxide and salycylic acid is Ole Henricksen's (the only one I've found that contains the best of both worlds).  Make sure that you follow up with an oil-free moisturizer--I like one by DDF.

Dietary supplements work very well, especially when your...

Dietary supplements work very well, especially when your hormones are all crazy at this age. i'm a teen too and the Murad Pure Skin clarifiying dietary supplements really made a huge difference in my complexion. as for your regimen, use a cleanser with salicylic acid, exfoliate at least twice a week to keep dead skin from clogging your pores, apply witch hazel with a cotton pad as an astringent, and a moisturizer with at least 0.5% salicylic acid. also dont forget sunscreen during the day. good luck! :smileyhappy:

Bliss "Steep Clean" mask at least 2 times a wee...
  • Bliss "Steep Clean" mask at least 2 times a week is a must for bad skin. It works universally well for all skin types. It give a salon quality facial in 15 minutes for less than $1 a treatment. I use one pump and a time, mixing it my palm and smoothing it all over. A little goes a really long way. People will tell you your skin looks better in days.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors