Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|
bobbi brown moisturizer ( STILL SEARCHING FOR AN AMAZING MOISTURIZER!!!!)

I recently posted in search of the perfect moisturizer which will 1. provide spf 2. not break me out 3. take care of dryness 4. protect my skin from aging (pretty much what the spf will do) and I didn't have any luck on this form. A few days ago I was in nordstoms and as I walked past the bobbi brown makeup booth I decided to stop and look at their moisturizors and see if I could find what I was looking for. 

I don't know much about Bobbi Brown other than it is expensive. So I ended up getting a small sample of their Protective Face Lotion Spf 15. 

It has been 2 days and I love how it doesn't feel heavy on my skin, it also doesn't make my skin feel oily which is awesome! In fact, a few seconds after I put it on it doesn't feel like I have anything on my face which is great! All the other moisturizers I've tried have felt like a huge layer and they've had a weird smell to them, or they didn't have any spf. So finally, getting to my actual question:  HAVE ANY OF YOU TRIED BOBBI BROWN PROTECTIVE FACE LOTION SPF 15? AND IF SO, WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF IT? IS IT WORTH THE $50?

I am in complete agreement -- in my opinion, your $50 cou...

I am in complete agreement -- in my opinion, your $50 could be much better spent. I'm sure it's a great product (I love Bobbi Brown for makeup), but it's only SPF 15, and I prefer skincare products from skincare lines. Clinique and Neutrogena offer excellent options at a relatively low cost, and, to me, you cannot beat the quality of either of those, plus Caudalie, La Roche-Posay or Kinerase (as higher priced options).

Honestly, one of the best combination sunscreen / moisturizers I have used is Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50. It has a high SPF, with Helioplex (therefore protects against aging), it's moisturizing, oil-free and won't cause breakouts. If you're looking for a product that meets all of your qualifications from Sephora, I'd go for DDF Weightless Defense UV Moisturizer, SPF 45: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P271705&categoryId=B70. It's lightweight, fast absorbing and provides continuous hydration, AND has a decently high SPF. It's also from a highly regarded, well reputed skincare line. For $48, I think your money is better spent on a product such as this one. Just my opinion, though! If you liked the Bobbi Brown moisturizer, go with that. 🙂

If it's working for you and satisfies your search criteri...

If it's working for you and satisfies your search criteria, go for it! Each person's skin type is unique to their face, and won't be exactly like anyone else's, so if it's getting the job done like you were hoping, I don't see why you shouldn't stick with it.

However, for daily protection, SPF15 is generally not enough anymore. Dermatologists recommend SPF30 or higher for everyday use if you're aiming to get those anti-aging benefits.

In my personal opinion, though, skincare is best done by skincare brands. Cosmetic brands that dabble in skincare aren't making ingredients, quality, research, or product testing their priorities as much as skincare brands do. I've probably said this before on this forum, but you don't order pasta at a steakhouse, do you? It would probably taste just fine, but it would likely taste better at a similarly-priced Italian place. You know? 🙂

Re: If it's working for you and satisfies your search criteri...
I wish I had read this before I had bought the bobbi brown moisturizer! oh well...
I really like the way it feels on my skin and it doesn't cause breakouts.
The only problem now is that I thought by buying something with SPF, even as low as 15 I would still be preventing skin damage.
I know I'd need something with a higher spf if I was going to be sitting in the sun... hmmm crap...
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors