Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|
proactive dupe

Hey everyone! I thought I had dry skin but maybe it is just combo/normal. It can be pretty sensitive but I have been using proactive for the last 6 months or so, and it's weird because I always thought I needed a really good moisturizer but proactive only has this step 3 stuff, repair somethin or other....and after washing with step 1, toning step 2, I put a pea-sized amount of step 3 and that's it...No moisturizer and my skin feels very soft and stays pretty clear...I was using it every day ONCE when I started but now do it every 2 or 3 days. (I don't wear makeup every day) What I was wondering is Does anyone know what might be a good cleansing system that I could buy in the store? A proactive dupe maybe? I'm 27 and had clear skin until about a year ago...VERY LAME! (That it started)  I did not even have acne in highschool and never had to wear makeup and washed my face with Dove bar soap! Now though, I will occasionally get a really deep huge pimple or cystic pimple.Reccomendations for face products are needed! Natural would be best. People who guess my age without first talking to me never think I am over 20.  I wanna keep it that way forever! hahaha...

Thanks for your advice/comments girls!

StargateAutumn

I am having the exact same problem as you!  I never used...

I am having the exact same problem as you!  I never used to get even a breakout when I was in high school!  Now I am in my 20s and if I do not wash my face regularly, I have pop ups here and there.  I use proactive but, like you, want something more readily available.  I did try clinique's acne solutions and it did not work for me.  I had more break outs all over my face.  I also tried Olay but nothing.  I have been thinking about trying the Clarasonic brush myself.  The brushes have great reviews and many people say it helped clear up their face!

Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of products ar...

Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of products are wonderful and I don't think they are any more expensive than Proactive.  They have everything from cleanser to makeup in the "Acne Solutions" line.  Here's a link to search results for all the products:  http://sephora.com/search/search_results.jhtml?command=text&attr1=clinique+acne+solutions&attr2=&%2F....

By the way, I get cystic acne, too, so I know how painful and bad a breakout can be.  I use the "Acne Solutions Foaming Cleanser" all the time and it has really helped my face.  I hope this helps you.  Smiley Happy

Re: Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of products ar...
Thanks! I use Clinique's makeup and never had a problem with it...I don't know why I never thought to try their skincare! =)!
I have used proactive too. I also rotate it as needed. I...

I have used proactive too. I also rotate it as needed. I would say the closest system available here, is from Clinique.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188308&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1254

: )

The only non-organic skin care products I trust are Neutr...

The only non-organic skin care products I trust are Neutrogena. They make my skin smooth, and I NEVER get acne. I know it's not a Sephora brand, but they're cheap and work really well. I've tried many other skin care products (like Clean and Clear and Aveeno) but I always go back to Neutrogena (not even going to bother trying Proactive).

For all natural/organic, Alba products from Whole Foods work really well- The bottles look tropical and remind me very much of the beach or Hawaii. 

I really recommend Neutrogena, though, because I have sensitive skin and break out easily from a lot of other products. I'm in my teenage years and unlike a lot of my friends, I have really clear skin, so coming from a teenager might make you wanna buy Neutrogena products more.

I use the Oil Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub everyday and the Deep Clean Invigorating Daily Cleanser usually in the mornings or when I want a burst of coldness on my face. 

Hope this helped! xoxox

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors