Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|
Why is the Laura Geller makeup line no longer sold in Sephora stores in Canada

They used to carry the full line of Laura Geller products in my local Sephora in Mississauga. But as of july 2010, it suddenly disappeared from their shelves. Just randomly took it away. I've visited three other Sephora locations in Onatario and still no sight of Laura Geller. Can someone please explain what happened!!!

Re: Why is the Laura Geller makeup line no longer sold in Sephora stores in Canada

@Beautyncheck, The reason any brand is discontinued by Sephora simply comes down to a business decision made between Sephora and the brand.

As Sonnie mentioned, we do introduce new brands into the mix regularly and are happy to recommend alternatives to anything we no longer carry. For recommendations by phone, please call 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) & select option 2 to speak with a Beauty Advisor. Hope that helps! Smiley Tongue

They discontinue a lot of companies: Sue Devitt, Napoleon...

They discontinue a lot of companies: Sue Devitt, Napoleon Perdis, Bourjois, Vincent Longo, Shu Uemura, just off the top of my head. They do this for a number of reasons, such as a brand not selling or changes with the parent company (Shu Uemura only sells in the US from its official website, for example, other brands move to different stores).

Conversely, they're always adding new brands like Tarina Tarantino, Tokidoki, Bobbi Brown, etc.  In order to do this, they probably have to go through and re-evaluate what brands they carry.  I like Laura Gellar but Sephora will sell a lot more Bobbi Brown, so it could have been axed for a reason like that, especially when it comes to something like store space.

The only way you'll know for sure is to email either Sephora or Laura Gellar, but sometimes there are confidentiality agreements that forbid them from discussing the details.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors