Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
Beautylish Lucky Bag 2016

I pulled the trigger and bought one of the Beautylish Lucky Bags....  LOL!  I know this has "disappointment" written all over but I'm hoping that in the worst case scenario I'll at least be able to ebay the stuff and break even... right?!

I saw the "makeup artist" bag last year and I really liked what they had.  I totally want one of those RCMA palettes!  This year, there was no option for selecting what kind of bag you wanted.  Just a generic bag option... which I think is worse than being able to choose from one of three.  Although last year, they included glitter in the "natural" bag and I think everyone can agree that's a big WTF moment.  

Post if you went against your better judgment and bought one of these!  Hahah!  I'll come back and share the contents of my "Lucky bag" the first/second week in January when I get.  

BTW, I choose the "hauls" forum for this thread but it looks like the forum is stuck in the "Acne" section.

Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 12.15.07 PM.png

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2016

Ohh I see.  Well if you want to trade it let me know 😉  I'd totally be interested!

Yeah I have a couple of those!  They can definitely be used as eye shadow and work very well that way.  I love cream products of all kinds.  Which color did you get?

Depravity. I have wanted a good purple blush for a while and I think that will work! It's so beautiful!! 🙂

have you used the Illamasqua cream pigments as eye shadows? What do you think? 

Nice!

Yes, I have and they work great.  Before spring of 2015 I only used cream shadows.  I love how easy they are to work with.  I just use my fingers and blend in with a brush if I need to.  The Illasmasqua pigments are awesome (both the cream and powder) for eye shadows.  

;____; That CT x NP highlighter.... So pretty.

🙂 What's kind of cool is that there are all these items I'm not familiar with, and as I research them I am getting more excited. The CT highlighter has peach which I'm excited about. The RMS color isn't quite for me but now I'm really interested in the line.

trying to learn more about the Becca brush.

Ahha we got the same exact bag!  I haven't tried the brush.  I like the lip2cheek thing.  It's very dry and I like that for my cheeks.

Did you get Beloved, the red color? It looks so bright I'm afraid it might be too much for my fair skin. What's your skin tone, and have you found it blends out well? 

I did get beloved and I was super jazzed about getting the bright red color.  I like a lot of color.  I think any skin tone can use that color.  You just need the tiniest bit!  I tried it on Friday and I was happy with it.  It's dry but it's not going to be all patchy.  

re: my skin tone... I would say I'm fair for an ethnic person but medium relative to caucasian skin.  I'm 1/2 peruvian, 1/4 italian, and 1/4 irish.

But... let me say that I'm not shy about color and I know that what I think is good for a fair person might not be their taste.  I have an albino friend and I'll do her makeup when I see her and she always freaks out!  She had a pair of falsies I stuck on her and she was like OMG IT'S TOO MUCH.  

I think everything is relative and it really comes down to your comfort factor with dramatic looks.  To me, I think there's nothing prettier than a really bright cheek color, but I get that's not everyone's style.  🙂

I am definitely trying to be more adventurous with color! 🙂 Sometimes I put something on and freak out too, then I see if I can wear it for a couple of hours. After that point either I am ok with it or I know I need to wash it off. 🙂 I do try to give it a chance. 🙂

Thanks for the input!

how do you feel about the brush? I just saw the Becca YT video on it, it seems interesting.

I don't know when I'm going to have the time to put a full face of foundation on, so IDK when I'll get to the brush!

My friend looked so pretty with the false eyelashes on and then her and another friend were joking about how she looked like a doll with those eyes that shut when you tip them back....  Then she ripped them off!  o_O  

Really loving everyone's boxes! I hope next year someone will post about this again so I can purchase one - my beautylish emails come to me only every once in a while - it's weird. Living vicariously through all of you 🙂

I'm glad to hear their emails are once in a while.  I don't need a ton of emails tempted me every day lol

I think you can already sign up to be notified by beautylish for the 2017 bag on their website! 🙂

Yes!  That's what I did 🙂

I'll check it out - thanks!

Welp, finally got mine!

& of course... I got the one thing I hoped to not get; the ABH self-made palette LOL. I already have it 😞 😞

but excited to try the rest of the items since I haven't used them yet (have used bioderma though).

the Becca SSP is in Opal

Happy but the duplicate palette is a bit of a letdown.. Not Beautylish's fault though!

image.jpeg

Are you wanting to sell this palette? I had missed it when it came out, and have been lemming for it!

That is a bummer but definitely a known risk with this being a mystery bag.  I'm sure if you wanted to sell it you'd have no problem (or trade it as the case may be).

Is that the poured or pressed version of opal?  

Poured! I've been using Colourpop highlighters lately (cream based) so I'm perfectly happy with the texture. Do you prefer the pressed?

Oh ok.  I do like cream highlighters but as far as the Becca ones go I prefer pressed.  Back when Becca first came out with the poured versions I bought Topaz and Rose Gold right away.  I think when I applied them I used too much product because I looked greasy so I returned them.  I did get a poured Moonstone in my lucky bag which I used the other day and I do like it but, of course, I used only a teeny bit of product this time.

I feel you!  I got a duplicate, too.