Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|
Beautylish Lucky Bag 2016

I pulled the trigger and bought one of the Beautylish Lucky Bags....  LOL!  I know this has "disappointment" written all over but I'm hoping that in the worst case scenario I'll at least be able to ebay the stuff and break even... right?!

I saw the "makeup artist" bag last year and I really liked what they had.  I totally want one of those RCMA palettes!  This year, there was no option for selecting what kind of bag you wanted.  Just a generic bag option... which I think is worse than being able to choose from one of three.  Although last year, they included glitter in the "natural" bag and I think everyone can agree that's a big WTF moment.  

Post if you went against your better judgment and bought one of these!  Hahah!  I'll come back and share the contents of my "Lucky bag" the first/second week in January when I get.  

BTW, I choose the "hauls" forum for this thread but it looks like the forum is stuck in the "Acne" section.

Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 12.15.07 PM.png

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2016

I picked up my bag from the Vancouver post office today, and got a version that a few other BTers received:

Wayne Goss brow set ($55)

Too Faced Sugar Pop palette ($36)

Becca Ever-Matte primer ($36)

IT Universal Brow Pencil ($24)

RMS Cream Eye Shadow in karma ($28)

Bioderma ($7)

[edited to add: worth $186]

I think it's fine. I'll never use the Too Faced palette--it's way too sparkly for me, and the idea of 'organic' kms eye shadow makes me laugh. I'm really happy with the Goss brow set, though. 

I thought it was really well-packed: anything that wasn't in a sturdy container came wrapped and taped in bubble wrap. 

I'd probably order this again. It was fun to see what everyone got, and I ended up with at least one awesome item 🙂

IMG_2041.jpg

I was EXTREMELY disappointed in my bag.

I got:

Kevyn Aucoin Matte Bronzing Veil

It Cosmentics Hello Lashes

RMS Lip and Skin Balm

Bioderma 

Becca Ombre Rouge Palette

Wayne Goss 05 Brush

Charlotte Tillbury Lip Pouch

MEHH! 

That's so annoying that a number of you got the CT pouch instead of an actual makeup product.  I'm so sorry!

I got the $80 Viseart neutral mattes pallete #1, it universal brow pencil, rms cheek/lip tint, w. Goss brush #5, becca backlight primer, and of course a travel size bioderma.   Not bad!

That sounds fantastic!

LUCKY!!!!

Well.  I've opened my box.  

And I pretty much got every single item I did not want that I saw during previews 😞

I'm sure the $ value is there and I bet there are plenty of people who would've been very happy with this box, but I wouldn't use any of these items.  

1201161image.jpeg

ABH selfmade palette - $35

It cosmetics mascara - $24

jefree star lip scrub - $12

kevyn aucoin bronzer - $48

bioderma - $6.95

wayne goss brush - $20

becca poured moonstone - $38 

total - $183.95

I just got my bag too and I'm very disappointed. I got the Too Faced Sugar Pop palette, Wayne goss brush, bioderma, RMS lip, and Becca primer. I felt like if i bought them all at sephora here in canada, I would end up paying much cheaper since our dollar is so low now 😞 

I'm sad I didn't go for this! I definitely will next year. I'm sorry you're disappointed 😞 

I sent you a pm!

I would have liked this bag!! I didn't like mine at all

that's a bummer! i know the becca poured moonstone will be popular on the trade board or ebay though... i'm surprised they send out relatively new shades and sets. 

Hopefully you can trade them out for stuff you want.  Just beware of shipping.  I paid $10 to send someone the glamglow cleanser and that was the cheapest shipping option.  I think the smarter move would've been to just ebay that stuff and get my money back.  Hah!  It's hard when it comes to deciding whether to ebay it or to trade it.  If you ebay it I think you can only expect 50% of the retail value back.  If you trade it, you end up spending more money on shipping!

Oh no!  I'm so sorry you didn't get things you don't own.  That's such a bummer to get duplicates.  

I'm sure you can find good homes for the things you don't want/won't use.  

This box really is so subjective.  I know a lot of ppl would love the items in there.  Also I totally agree about the dollar value not being a big deal.  I'd rather get products I like/want and have a lower $ value to my box versus getting lots of expensive things I won't like/use.

I totally agree, I wouldn't care about my bag having lower value if it was stuff I liked and would use. But mine is low value and I won't use hardly any of it. It's a super unlucky bag lol 

Aw I''m sorry Chickibum!  I had a lower value box too (actually I think the $ value is exactly the same as Mocha's) but I did like almost all of it.  So I was quite happy.

Being happy with it is what's most important! 🙂

My bag is only worth 149.95 lol idk even though it's only 5 cents less than their minimum, the fact that it's all useless to me makes it feel even more like a rip off. Particularly the palette. Sugar Pop is clearly a palette that's... Idk a little more niche? I personally don't know anyone who wears shades like that. It just seems like a risky choice to put in a bag like this. I feel like they were just trying to get rid of it 

I agree with you.  Although, I like some of the colors in Sugar Pop, I hate Too Faced's formula (I find it so chalky and not pigmented) so I would've been bummed about it as well.

Mostly I feel like I bought a $134CDN bottle of Bioderma. :S

Do you think if it was the bigger bottle it would have softened that blow a little? Lol 

I'm resigning myself to the fact that I essentially bought back up brow brushes for $134... Even though I'm perfectly happy with my Anastasia ones and just bought a back up 2 weeks ago 🙄

Yes.  This.

I wouldn't care about the $ value, as long as they were things I would use.

To be honest, all the stuff I'd been hoping to get is the stuff most people thought was boring (Becca eye corrector, Byterry lip balm, RMS anything)

The only thing I will use out of my whole box is a $7 bottle of bioderma, LOL.

505 Replies