Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|
Beauty Recommendations for Trip to Tokyo

**So, I know that there's a similar thread out there for this for someone's trip to Japan, but since it's 2 years old now, I thought it would be okay to create a new one with updated information.**

So, I am fortunate enough to be able to take a trip to Tokyo in a few weeks, and, as a lover of beauty and a person intrigued by Asian skincare, I was wanting to create a short list of beauty items or brands that I should be on the look out for while I'm there. Any suggestions? My skin is pretty sensitive, so I'm leaning more towards makeup (as my skin tolerates that better than skincare). However, I am open to any sensitive skincare as well.

Thanks!

Re: Beauty Recommendations for Trip to Tokyo

BRUSHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 

Wishing everyone a safe flight to Japan to whoever is going! And a safe stay there as well! ❤️ 

Anyone know a good place to shop for high end besides Ginza. Also has any experienced the Tokyo Skytree mall? What are some good restaurants/shopping areas in there?

There is the Isetan in Shinjuku. It's very high end, but very busy and ginormous.

I would head over into Omotesando hills/Shibuya area. The Hakuhodo showroom is in Omotesando as well as a lot of high end flagship stores; i.e. Dior.

you can go to shinjuku KEIO department store (its right next to shinjuku station. i think cosmetics section will be on floor 1, they have all the high-end cosmetics. And there are lots of famous department pre-prepared food in Basement floor 1. 

Thanks!

Lunasol, Ladurée, and Paul&Joe 🙂 

Those three are my favorites from Japan. 

I didn't even think about Paul & Joe -- and their stuff is so cute. Adding these to the list of brands to look out for!

You'll find all those brands together in Seibu in Shibuya. Addiction is a great one and you have to check out Albion and Elegance!  

Also, at the train station in Shibuya square, if you go into the department store beside Hachiko and go up to the 5th floor on the escalator you'll find the Hakuhodo brush shop;). 

There's a Too Cool For school just off of takedashi street in omotesando (or across the street from Condomania;);). You can't miss it!  

Theres an Etude house to your right a couple blocks into harajuku street.

Theres a laduree store inside laforet mall on the third floor kiddie corner from too cool for school.  

Tokyu Hands has a cosmetics floor and so does Loft.  Be warned that you'll be tempted to stay in these stores ALL day cause they have sooo much stuff!!! 

If you are into brushes...Japan is the place to go bankrupt 😛

Also, I would recommend looking into brands like RMK, Three, and Addiction. They are available at the larger department stores.

Its also worth noting that both major airports in Tokyo also have duty free stores at carry these brands and depending on their airline you are flying, they may have in flight duty free shopping. I know ANA airlines has LE hakuhodo sets often, as well as three.

Also a lot of the major department stores offer tax refunds if you spend over a particular amount, so that is somethibg worth exploring too!

Seibu & Isetan 🙂 

you should definitely visit Matsumotokiyoshi, best drug store ever.

Oooh exciting! I'm going back next April and I'm soo looking forward to it as it will be the first time I'll be beauty hunting too! I actually asked some questions on a BT thread maybe 3-4 months ago, and I got such useful answers.  I'm going to look for it and post it here for you too. Do report back with what you end up finding when you're there!! 🙂

@MaryK82 I'm sorry that I overlooked your thread! The one I originally saw was from 2 years ago, but I will definitely look for your thread if you don't end up posting your answers here. I'll try to update on my finds after my trip. 🙂

@tessie84 no no not at all! It wasn't my thread it was someone else's and I had asked some questions on it and got some great responses 🙂 I don't recall what the thread was called anymore unfortunately

Oh, I see. Nonetheless, I will take the time before I go to comb through any other threads (besides the one I saw already from two years ago) to collect more info. 🙂

OMG cool! Never been but there's a few brands on my list if ever I went ... lol 

I'd check out Les Merveilleuses de Ladurée and Jill Stuart? Also they might have more Anna Sui and I think there is a Dior store with exclusives... @dioradict can you confirm the Dior store? THX 🙂

Hope you get time to enjoy your trip and have time for some shopping!!!

I had thought about Les Merveilleuses de Laduree but not the others. Dior exclusives? Yes, please! Thanks for the help!

@tessie84 did you see my tag in the November hauls thread? Someone just came back from Japan... I think you need to have a looksy 😉

65 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos11
  • IMG_20161102_163223.jpg
  • IMG_20161102_163243.jpg
  • IMG_20161102_163205.jpg
  • IMG_20161102_163040.jpg
  • 20161205_211106 (1).jpg
  • 20161205_212622 (1).jpg
  • 1df8592b-4414-4fa2-ba6a-55d605325c31.jpg
  • TB2qu4XnXXXXXblXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!26209924.jpg_210x210.jpg
  • item_point1.png