Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|
Beauty Recommendations for Trip to Tokyo

**So, I know that there's a similar thread out there for this for someone's trip to Japan, but since it's 2 years old now, I thought it would be okay to create a new one with updated information.**

So, I am fortunate enough to be able to take a trip to Tokyo in a few weeks, and, as a lover of beauty and a person intrigued by Asian skincare, I was wanting to create a short list of beauty items or brands that I should be on the look out for while I'm there. Any suggestions? My skin is pretty sensitive, so I'm leaning more towards makeup (as my skin tolerates that better than skincare). However, I am open to any sensitive skincare as well.

Thanks!

Re: Beauty Recommendations for Trip to Tokyo

Thank you, @pocketvenus, for those recommendations. I totally forgot about Lisa's video, but I do remember seeing it floating around on YouTube a while back. I will definitely take a look at that as well!

Please do let me know if you have any specific product recommendations from Shiseido that I can't find here.

You're most welcome! I think Shiseido has a cleanser called soft whip that's popular there? I've never tried it though...

Hi tessie84,

I'm not too familiar with brands available in Tokyo. However, a few travel items I would bring along are the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Ole Henriksen Nurture Me™ Cleansing Cloths: Makeup Removing, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15, and Fresh Sugar Lip Polish. These are my latest travel kit must haves! The lip stuff saved me as my lips have been super dry when traveling lately and regular chapstick just wasn't cutting it. That Caudalie spray is the best refresher during and after a long flight and you can spray it over makeup. 

Have a great trip! 🙂

Best,

Mali

65 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos11
  • IMG_20161102_163223.jpg
  • IMG_20161102_163243.jpg
  • IMG_20161102_163205.jpg
  • IMG_20161102_163040.jpg
  • 20161205_211106 (1).jpg
  • 20161205_212622 (1).jpg