Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
I have sensitive skin, can I wear any kind of eye shadow over my foundation?

Because of my sensitive skin, I wear tarte as it's pretty hypo-allergenic and I was wondering if I can wear any eye shadow over the foundation? If not, my color choices are pretty limited and I would like to be able to wear more than just blues, greens, and neutrals.

Thanks for all the advice!

~ Serin

Re: I have sensitive skin, can I wear any kind of eye shadow over my foundation?

Total trial and error. Even some products that are hypoallergenic (which sadly, doesn't actually mean much outside of lack of fragrance), can cause reactions and some products that you would think are terrible can be fine. I happy to really like Tarte a lot though - just play around. Personal side note - through trial and error I discovered that I am allergic to at least one component that makes up the majority of purple eyeliners, but that I can tolerate the Almay liner for at least a few hours without any side effects (I love purple). 

Re: I have sensitive skin, can I wear any kind of eye shadow over my foundation?

I think the best thing to do here is figure out what your skin is sensitive to and then go from there.  Good luck!

You can generally wear eyeshadow over foundation, yes -- but with any kind of skin sensitivities, it's unfortunately all trial and error, and you'll have to test out specific shadows to see if they bother you. Even if a product is labeled "hypoallergenic," it doesn't guarantee that it won't cause a reaction (there are no FDA regulations for this term, so it doesn't actually mean anything).

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors