Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin?

My skin naturally produces oil so by the afternoon my foundation, concealer, and blush tend to wear off. I feel like I sometimes have to layer on the makeup, foundation and powder, which is a problem because of my Hispanic/Tan skin tone, and leaves my face without any natural color on my cheeks and I'm left layering blush after blush on my face. Any recommendation on products to or what ingredients in products I should stay away from or look for? I also have troubles with keeping my concealer under my eyes staying, so dark circles are prominent during the afternoon. 

Re: Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin?

Are you currently using a primer or setting powder/spray in your routine? Both will definitely help with longevity. 

There are lots of recommendations for both steps, and a lot of great threads on this board if you use the search bar and type in primer for oily skin or setting powder recommendations or anything along those lines.

But a couple of products that I recommend, or see frequently on this board are:

Primers:

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

Smashbox Photofinish Primer

Too Faced Primed and Poreless

Setting Powders:

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (recommended for under eyes primarily)

Nars Translucent Light Reflecting Setting Powder (loose or pressed) 

There are tons more, but hopefully those can help as well as searching for additional topics people have created looking for products to solve those same issues!

Thanks for your recommendations! I've never thought about trying those brands before! I've been using the Laura Mercier foundation primer & tinted moisturizer lately & the primer does make the foundation last a little longer but it also brings up the oil a lot faster too.

Hi LoveMissAlyssa,

What face primer are you currently using?  Applying a mattifying primer before your makeup might help a lot. I recommend BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector, COVER FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment or Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® pore refiner primer.

You can also apply an eye primer to the under eye area to help prevent concealer from creasing or fading. And definitely set your makeup with a mattifying powder like MAKE UP FOR EVER Super Matte Loose Powder, and finish with a setting spray like MAKE UP FOR EVER Mist & Fix. Make sure that you are spraying a generous amount to your face for it to actually work.

All of these items combined should help your makeup last much longer and keep shine at bay!

🙂 -Laura

Thanks for your recommendations! I've never thought about trying those brands before! I've been using the Laura Mercier foundation primer & tinted moisturizer lately & the primer does make the foundation last a little longer but it also brings up the oil a lot faster too.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors