Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Trying to pick a new foundation for oily, acne prone skin

I have very oily skin, a lot of breakouts from time to time. I use bare minerals matte foundation right now. I do not like how it stays on through the day and it doesn't cover all break outs. I have to frequently blot my face with oil absorbing wipes and the foundation comes off very fast. I need a good foundation that will have full coverage and not make my face oily or shiny. The product needs to be oil free and talc free so my face doesn't produce more break outs.

Re: Trying to pick a new foundation for oily, acne prone skin

I'm obsessed with the Hourglass Immaculate foundation and the Estée Lauder double wear. I also have super oily skin. I found that using the First Aid Beauty skin rescue mattifying gel before using the Hourglass mineral veil primer and it definitely keeps me matte longer throughout the day. I set it with the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder which helps as well. 

Also, the blotterazzi by beauty blender is amazing in place of blotting papers. It doesn't move my makeup at all--just soaks up extra oil. It's a must-have!

the immaculate foundation^^

I really wanted to try that foundation, i just wasn't sure if it was worth price, and also what exactly to prime my face with it

Do you use a primer? My skin is like yours, oily after awhile and I also break out. I have a hard time finding good coverage. I have tried all kinds of foundation. I use smashbox light primer, a foundation from MAC, and powder from Sephora. I find that combination gives me great coverage. By the end of the day, I still have to use oil blotting papers. I'm not sure if that step is avoidable.

I have the same exact type of skin, and I swear by Tarte's Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation. It's great coverage and keeps me matte all day.

that foundation did interest me but i wasn't sure. Whats your opinion on the immaculate foundation

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors