Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|
lipsticks for men

Hi, I'm a man and been experimenting with makeup for quite a while now. I want to wear lipstick in public , but don't want to look freakish, suggestions?

Re: lipsticks for men

Guys, this thread is more than a year old.

G2S, from your album I can see that you've branched out to bolder colours since then!! You look great in them, because colour does not know gender 🙂

Ha! Didn't even notice. Saw it on the main page so assumed it was recent.

That's OK, don't mind you ladies offering suggestions and pictures.  What I want is to find 3 or more ladies to take me shopping for dresses, heels and makeup.  

Feel free to send me pictures of makeup and earrings. 

You should start a thread requesting those pics. You will really get a lot of recomendations and examples that way. Where do u live? 

Small town, rural Saskatchewan, Canada 

I am pretty ignorant about Canada geography but i do know they r plenty Canadians in the threads. At the very least they can give u clothing store recommendations.

Haven't found very many stores that will let me try on clothes and shoes.  Most makeup counters won't help with makeup. I have a few places and the ladies seems to have fun helping me out. 

Hearing that stores won't let you try on clothes and shoes is deplorable and is beyond disheartening to hear that people continue to live in such ignorance. 

That's really too bad. People in small rural towns can be so closed-minded. You may have to make a pilgrimage to a large city to get good service (they will probably have better a selection too).

I did have a store a few years ago that told me that they were embarrassed with me trying on dresses - I was looking better in them than a lot of the ladies did! 

I had gone a number of times, over the years and had my ears pierced, got chicken and took them out.  Now that chain, in that city won't pierce my ears. 

Thanks my dear, love seeing your beautiful pictures.

Glossy nudes are great for drawing attention to your lips without making a bold statement. Plus people will probably just be guessing if you're wearing a color or just a bit too much Vaseline 😉 Good Luck!

you know whats fun............go to the make up counter and apply the darkest reddest lipstick on and watch all the reactions you get.  Its brave if youre a guy, but reccomend doing it in another city if you want to be discreet

No one here will tell you it's freakish ! If anything we're here to enable! 🙂

Bite Beauty Lip Tints could be a good place to start. They're someplace between a balm and a lipstick and feel very comfortable to wear. 

http://www.sephora.com/lush-lip-tint-P307011?skuId=1406107

Maybe also do a board search for the phrase MLBB. It stands for My Lips But Better. They're lipsticks that are close to your natural shade but just enhance your look. 

Good luck!

If you want a hint of color, the Fresh tinted balms are great! Really moisturizing too 🙂

Forget what people think, you do what makes you happy and feel good about yourself!

The Fresh tinted lip balms are a good idea. They come in a good selection of colors.

Anyone who thinks you look freakish does not deserve to hold an opinion on you.  Avoid those people at all cost. Wear whatever you want to.

try a tinted lipbalm or something thats not overly dramatic. 

I don't think a man in lipstick would look freakish at all.  Some backwards people are probably going to think it's strange because they're poops, but never make decisions based on the opinion of someone who's going to hate you no matter what you do - you feel me?

If you mean you want a very natural look, it would definitely help us to have a picture of your natural lip color so we can give suggestions as to a "my-lips-but-better" shade for you!

Don't worry about looking "freakish" because I think someone who can wear what they want is brave and admirable. I would suggest tom ford lipsticks because they have a bunch of nudes and if you're wanting to get pops of color I would checkout NARS lip pencils because they have an array of colors bold and naturals

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • image_5.jpeg