Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Moms Only
|
Foundation for mom

So I want to buy a foundation as a gift for my mom who is in her late 50s. I know she used CHANEL #22 before but she wants to try something new. Her skin type is oily. Any suggestions? Because there's no CHANEL makeup here I don't know how to find foundations with similar color.

Re: Foundation for mom

Start with Color IQ it's a findation finder, can enter what's previously used. Sephora.com/coloriq

The websites temptalia and findation both have similar to color iq. 

Can always order and return if needed 😉

Re: Foundation for mom

Sorry this is so crazy long but I really hope some of it can be helpful to you and your mom! ❤️

My mom is about your mom's age and also has oily skin. It has taken us FOREVER to find something that works for her skin bc shine control formulas tend to be made with younger woman in mind and anti-aging stuff is WAY too moisturizing and just slides off/looks shiny. Frustrating. We've spent lots of time at Sephora testing just about everything on her. Luckily, they are happy to give samples and have a great return policy.

We actually ended up with several products.  All of these products come in a HUGE range of shades so it should be easier to find a perfect match. Here's what worked:

1. TOOL: BEAUTYBLENDER. Great for making sure makeup is applied evenly, blended out and into the jawline, and gets in every nook and cranny.

2. FOR T ZONE ONLY: LANCOME TEINT IDOLE ULTRA LONGWEAR FOUNDATION STICK. She has an oily t-zone with redness. Most "Stay all day" type concealers and foundations get stiff and accent wrinkles and flaws. This is the ONLY product we tried that 1. Lasts all day 2. Covers EVERYTHING without looking cakey (it has a velvety, powdery feel and is super easy to blend) and 3. Does NOT sink into pores/creases.

She applies it ONLY to the nose, middle of forehead, chin, and inner part of her cheeks. It is too "powdery" to use all over the face.

3. REST OF FACE: This is where it gets more tricky. Any foundation that lasts all day on mom gets crease-y after a long day, and anything that looks natural slides right off. So we use a combination of:

ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR STAY IN PLACE HIGH COVER CONCEALER *ONLY* in spots where needed, then finish with LANCOME DUAL FINISH MULTITASKING POWDER FOUNDATION applied with a moistened BeautyBlender.

4. FOR UNDER THE EYES: NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER. Just perfect. Pigmented, non-cakey, crease resistant and brightening. A little goes a long way. A touch of YSL TOUCHE ECLAT where needed also does a lot to bring out the eyes.

5. FINISHING POWDER: LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT LOOSE SETTING POWDER. This stuff is an absolute miracle. It is so, so fine and sheer it works with all skintones and it controls shine incredibly well. IMPORTANT: Apply with a big fluffy brush, not the powder puff it comes with for a sheer, invisible finish. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors