Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Moms Only
|
Mommy to Be here...any tips on fast and easy makeup?

Applying my makeup is my favorite time of day and I go sloooooow. Everyone keeps telling me how I'll have to give up this luxury in a couple months time. Any tips on fast makeup/makeup application methods so I can still feel pretty and, most importantly, feel like myself, when I have little to no time?

Re: Mommy to Be here...any tips on fast and easy makeup?

Thanks for all of your wonderful advice! 

I am going to start hunting down shadow sticks pronto...any reccos? I know Clinique has the Chubby sticks for eyes. Also, what is a good, easy eyeliner? I am a liquid eyeliner person right now (Stila -- it's out of this world) but I think that is just way too fussy for days when I'm in a major rush. What would you recommend for precision and speed that won't smudge raccoon-style?

I actually love Becca eye tints - they work better for me than the Clinique Chubby sticks, which get weird in my crease sometimes (oily eyelids!).  If you're looking for cream blush, Becca's beach tint is quick to apply and very easy to get a natural look with.  I also use it as a lip tint, so that helps too.  Best wishes on your new baby!!!

This is the order i that I put products on in a hurry:

1. Smashbox CC Cream

2. Bronzer

3. Blush

4. Mascara

5. Lip Gloss

This is a fresh faced/ natural look for me. I dont apply them with a heavy hand, but like a dusting. Then I just throw them in a makeup bag and go. When I need to touch up my blush or bronzer, i just whip them out and do so.

Hi mk2692,

I'm right there with you!  My own kids arent newborns anymore, in fact they're far from it, but I still have to rush to get ready every day.  My quickie makeup bag consists of a Dior BB Cream, NARS Multiple in Orgasm, Dior Lash Primer & Extase, Benefit Speedbrow, Benefit Fake Up Concealer & the Dior Addict Lip Glow.  My youngest is almost 6 now, but I brought almost the exact items when I delivered 🙂

Depending on how much time I actually have, the most I'll get on is mascara, concealer, brows, blush & lips. While I'm sure you'll have more than 5 mins, i'd suggest looking up a few 5 min makeup challenges on youtube 🙂  Its super fun to watch how my fav gurus cut certain products out of their routine to get done!

xo, Mia

Aside from make-up I would recommend finding a dry shampoo that you like and some easy ways to put your hair up. Nothing like a greasy ponytail to communicate "tired mom." 

True! Dry shampoo is a lifesaver!

Keep it simple $ small $ keep it with you at all times!

Example:

I always have in my make up bag with me

CC cream

Bare minerals translucent powder

mascara

LIPSTICK!

lip balm.

dior lipglow is my favorite!Oh and mini stila peony!

Keep it simple $ small $ keep it with you at all times!

Example:

I always have in my make up bag with me

CC cream

Bare minerals translucent powder

mascara

LIPSTICK!

lip balm.

dior lipglow is my favorite!

-

I agree! Just feeling a little bit more put together puts me in a better mood. If I think I look nice (enough), then I feel nice. And it's that little bit of " more-than-a-mom-me" that I still got to have every day.

My little one will be a year old in less than two weeks and I've only worn makeup twice during this past year. Now I just don't care anymore what I look like when I do actually go out. Some days I'd love to wear some thing, but I have no time, my son demands attention, and if I'm just playing with him then I'd rather be bare. 

I like to take my time applying my makeup too. If I try to be quick, it's a safe bet I'll hate the outcome and just wipe it all off. Hopefully, as my son gets older and learns to entertain himself more, I'll be able to pretty myself up again. 🙂

- I second the cleansing wipes. I just use the Sephora brand, and they're great. 
- Find a favourite BB/CC cream or a tinted moisturizer or mineral powder...they're easier to put on in a rush. I mixed a bit of luminizer into mine to give a brighter appearance (since I was running on very little sleep some days!)

- Blush - use a powder if you need it. Quicker to put on. 

- Cream sticks or pots for eyeshadows in neutral colours (like Stila's kitten) and a chubby liner in a softer grey or brown are quick and easy to put on.
- I personally preferred wearing mascara over eyeliner. It gave enough pop without taking much time. I just made sure it was a smudgeproof one.

- Some quick and easy extras you can do to seem more put together are using eyedrops to make your eyes brighter, using a white or nude liner on your waterline, and combing your eyebrows with a gel to get them to stay in place and not look all over the place when you nuzzle your new one 🙂

get a sleepy wrap or something similar so the baby can sleep while you have both your hands free. consolidate your skincare so it is just one or two things: ie an eyecream and a moitsurizer with spf in it. skip lips altogether - you can always apply lipstick or gloss when you are in the car or on your way out (also, you may find that you want to lay off of lipcolor for a while because you will constantly be feeling the need to kiss your baby). after that, figure out what the most important parts of your makeup routine are: ie, do you definitely need foundation or could you get away with just concealer? do you absolutely need mascara or can you just curl your lashes? what is your bare minimum eyelook? if you need blush, i would recommend using a powder formulation rather than cream or gel since for me at least, i can apply it faster. finally, remember that if you skip a step (like you don't have time for eyeliner or you forgot to do blush) its no big deal - no one expects a new mommy to look put together. it is, however, a big deal if you do one side of your face but not the other (you filled in your right eyebrow but not the left). good luck and congrats!

Keep a package of cleansing wipes( mine is JM) somewhere easy to get to if you are in your room or on the couch. I have a little console in my couch where along with the baby necessities, I kept my wipes and a tinted moisturizer and two UD shadow sticks. That way it was always right there if I didn't have time to go full face. Of course if you do your makeup while baby sleeps in the am, or just keep the baby by you where you put your makeup on usually if it is only one child, you shouldn't have too much trouble. I am not sure with my first one if I even put her down by herself for 2 minutes until she was 6 weeks old. Good luck and enjoy your new life with the little one. 

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 27 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors