Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Moms Only
|
Mothers Day & Makeup, Plus Memories & experiences with Makeup Mentors, Mothers, Mother figures, friends, sibs etc. And special stories etc.

🌹Happy Mothers Day to all of the Mom's out there, both human and furbaby (etc.) Moms.🌹I'd been planning on doing a Mothers Day thread. Then I posted something a while back, just a silly but sweet story about how my Mom saved the day with a Wet & Wild lipstick. I almost didn't post it, thought it might be silly or something, but to my surprise, there was an outpouring of love that was wonderful and overwhelming.

Someone suggested starting a thread then and repeating the story, so I had decided not to wait until Mothers Day, but as they say, 'the best laid plans'. (Maybe I couldn't 'go there'?) So here I am now, finally. I will post that story a little later. I have to get my beauty sleep right now, going to 'visit' my Mom & Dad tomorrow. (Well, actually later today.) So I will be back later and I hope this thread lights up the board and that love, memories (of makeup, skincare, haircare and more) will be here then. 

I know I'm not the only one who has lost someone - be it a close human or furry family member, other relative, friend etc. So maybe we can share stories, maybe good or bad makeup advice from your makeup mentors, how your makeup, skincare, haircare and other skills and how your look was influenced and how it evolved and came to be and maybe do some healing.

This is my first Mothers Day without my Mom, again, I'm sure I'm not alone in this. So this is an especially rough one - all of those Hallmark Cards commercials are killing me! But such is life. Many hearts are a bit sadder today, but let's be happy for days gone by and be happy for those who still have their Moms. May you all have a special day. If you've been out of touch, maybe this is good support to help you reach out if you can.

One of my Best friends has been there for me like you would not believe. 👭She just sent me The most beautiful card imaginable. I will be back later and I will try to share it with you. (A little afraid that once I start writing it I might change my mind and need to keep it to myself a little longer - but I will try. I just didn't want to promise and then not do it) 

This thread does not have to end today, when Mothers Day has passed. Hopefully we can keep it going and flowing to the right places at the right time in the future. Let's hope this helps now and in the future when other unavoidable losses will occur.

I hope we have a lot of fun with this, maybe some tears - hopefully some happy ones. Stories of how we received our makeup, skin, hair training and makeup, hair, skin tips, and other things that I may not have mentioned too. I'm sure everyone has received good and bad makeup tips, let's share those in order to keep us looking our best and help others from making makeup blunders!

See you all later. This one's for my Mom. 🌷

Hope no typos etc - hard to see them through my eyelids. 😉 Sorry so long.

EDIT -  The day hasn't gone as planned, I need to go back through threads to find the story I mentioned above. (Ruh-Roh) I will try to come back a little later. But, heck, even if it is tomorrow - who cares? Every Day should be Mothers Day.

*Since this is also about makeup, skincare etc, and our mentors and inspirations, this can go on for as long as we want. Hope to be back this evening (7:15p EST now) but once I come back and find it I'll post it, I'll be back. Want to finish reading other posts that I haven't yet gotten to.

I Hope everyone is enjoying the day.

For those of us who are not in celebratory mode today, at least we know we are not alone - others know just where we are. Just have to remember good times, Yes, I know that's much easier said then done. 

**Please remember we are a Sisterhood and each link makes all of us stronger.**

*Some great lipstick and love of beautification doesn't hurt either! 😉💋

Re: Mothers Day & Makeup, Plus Memories & experiences with Makeup Mentors, Mothers, Mother figures, friends, sibs etc. And special s

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

Re: Mothers Day & Makeup, Plus Memories & experiences with Makeup Mentors, Mothers, Mother figures, friends, sibs etc. And special s

Mother's Day is hard for me because my grandmother died on this day..so I have sadness for missing her terribly. I am able to get through this day because of my mother and son. I will be spending the day with my son, he is treating me to dinner tonight! I have plans with mom tomorrow.....we are going to a coffee shop 😊

@angel7594 - I'm so sorry to hear that your Grandmother passed on Mothers Day, of all days. It's awful when this happens on a holiday or other monumental day. Ironically, my Grandmother also passed on Mothers Day and then her brother (my Great-Uncle) passed the next day. I have, Thank God, pretty much made my peace with those losses, but there are still moments & twinges. I hope it gets better for you soon.

I know it hurts, but I am glad that you will be with your son today and your Mom tomorrow. I think you already have a handle on how important time is and how you need to keep making memories in order to help you get through the inevitable, somewhere down the line - and I hope and pray that it is very, very far down the line. I hope you have special moments today and tomorrow. Hang in there. Remember the 😇 watching over you.

@kssweetheart thank you so much for your kind words, it really means a lot to me! 😊I am sorry for what you have gone through, as well. You are so right that making new memories is important. It has helped with the pain.

Happy Mother's Day! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

@blackkitty, okay, we might be talking deaddoggy after pic #1! (not)

Maybe he was in the mood for some....Jimmy Chews! 😉

Pic 2, love polar bears, so sweet. 😊

image.jpeg

Happy Mother day BTs! Go out and celebrate all the special ladies in your life and yourself. This is my first Mother Day as a mom 🙂 I'm thankful to have my mom still and my little boy still have both grandmas who love him more than anything else in the world 🙂

image.jpegimage.jpeg

@blackkitty2014 - Congratulations new Mommy!! I hope you have an amazing day. You just gave your Mother the best present Ever!! I'm glad you are all together to share as many wonderful times as possible. God Bless that sweet little one and all of the joy that he will continue to bring to your lives. Congrats. 💙

Thx so much @kssweetheart. This is a very sweet thread

Happy mother's day @blackkitty2014!!! (You as well @KateLovesYSL!)

mom-is-just-wow-upside-down-508x508.jpg

❤️

Thx love 🙂

@blackkitty2014 Happy Mother's Day BK!!! Enjoy your first one and I hope your husband spoils you!

Thx Kate. I got a card and some $$$$ for my skincares 😉

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos6
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • mom-is-just-wow-upside-down-508x508.jpg