Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Moms Only
|
Post Partum New Mom Skin Care

Help!  I had a baby almost 7 months ago.  I had perfect skin when I was pregnant but ever since my son was delivered, my skin has been awful.  I constantly have pimples, bumps, cysts, etc on my face.  I am taking a low-estrogen birth control but it is not helping my skin at all.  Any ideas of what I should try for my skin, including skin care and make-up?

Re: Post Partum New Mom Skin Care

Hi there!

I can relate to the annoyance of going from perfect skin to dealing with drastic breakouts. I started breaking out like crazy last year and nothing has been helpful in clearing my skin. Recently I came across Sunday Riley U.F.O. oil and it has made a huge difference in my skin! My face is almost 100% clear and it's the only acne product that hasn't left me red, dry or irritated. I noticed results after a couple weeks. 

I heard that this can be mixed into your face makeup. I'll be trying that tomorrow!

Good luck!
Katie

I had my son 7 1/2 months ago and had perfect skin as well.  After getting out of the hospital my skin was so dry everywhere.  I started changing my skin care routine and noticed a huge difference.  I started buying better skin care items and applying face masks twice a week, I used the glam glow face masks in clearing treatment, firming treatment and hydrating and then for skin care switched to Tatcha and my face returned back to normal.  I also used Leanne Grace face oil and Caudalie beauty elixir.  For my body I continued to use Bio Oil and Mamma Mio.  For make up I continue to use products that are formulated without Parabens and Phthalates like I used while I was pregnant.

Hi @BoyMom0323 ! I had a similar experience after having my baby. My skin went from normal to dry and I mean dry as in painful dry. I even went to the best (rated) dermatologist in our town. It's all about the hormones changing during and after pregnancy. I had to revamp my skincare routine to find a new way to care for my skin. I overhauled products and methods.

For example, right now I Cleanse, essence, Serum, moisturize (moisturizer followed by oil). I use a very gentle non foamin cleanser and twice a week to a detox either with cleanser or mask.

obviously my approach is different than the one you will have to take, but one thing I'd suggest just for the change is to get some Sephora favorites skincare kits. They will allow you to start changing your routine and trying different products without breaking the bank. Also, change skincare approach to pampering session.  I know with a LO, life is as hectic as can be. Take the time you Cleanse and treat your face as some daily 'me' time. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors