Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Foundation/Skincare

Hello, I have really oily skin in my T-zone. I am looking for a foundation that makes my skin look more flawless. I am currently using the Beyond Perfecting foundation by Clinique. I think its good for the first few hours but after that I can literally just wipe it off my face and my pores are very noticeable. I apply my foundation with a beauty blender.  I'd like to find a foundation that lasts longer and controls the oil and doesn't make my pores stand out.  I also use the Marc Jacobs face primer. Any advice for a more flawless poreless look?

Re: Foundation/Skincare

I am also still looking for a great foundation for super oily skin. However I have been using Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer and that has been doing wonders in combating my extremely oily T-zone. I wear it alone or under my Bare Minerals (while I am still looking for an effective oil controlling foundation), and it really does make a difference.

I have very oily skin and the only foundation I have found so far that lasts on me is Estee Lauder Double Wear. This also covers my pores pretty well when I use it over Smashbox photo finish primer.

Thank you for the advice!

Hi LMarie83,

I also have oily skin. I like to use a mattifying primer and a setting powder and then on top of that I also apply a setting spray. 

I love the Make Up Forever Step 1 Equalizer Primer in Mattifying and Urban Decay's Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Setting Powder. For setting spray I use the Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Setting Spray. 

To eliminate the appearance of pores I apply Clinique's Pore Refining Solutions Stay Matte Hydrator, after my moisturizer and before applying my primer. I always have a buffing brush in my purse to help prevent the foundation from sitting on top of my skin.  I hope these suggestions help! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thank you for the advice Janean!  That is very helpful. I will  try those products you suggested.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors