Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Foundation

I usually don't wear foundation because I work at a daycare but I am returning back to college and I am looking for a  foundation that will keep my skin acne free and will stay on all day with my oily skin

Thanks!

Re: Foundation

Hi, BeccaLas!

In terms of finding a formula that will not result in acne or blemishes, this may ultimately boil down to trial and error if you're not already aware of what ingredients or components make your skin blemish-prone. While finding more gentle or oil-free formulas can be a start, there is no guarantee that a formula won't cause a breakout. If you are more leery on trying out formulas, try to obtain samples in stores before making a purchase so you can test them out.

With skin being oily, is it oily all over or just in certain regions (such as a the t-zone, please specify if possible)? There are many formulas and finishes available for foundation, do you have a preference? For example, do you prefer a liquid, cream or powder (loose or pressed) foundation? Do you want a matte finish as to not add to the appearance of a sheen with the oil your skin naturally produces or do you like a more dewy, satin finish?

Coverage is also a component that can narrow down your search as well. Are you wanting something more sheer, with medium or buildable coverage, or something on the fuller end of the spectrum?

If you need more details covering these elements to help make a decision, check out:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face-Q-A/hello-how-can-i-choice-perfect-foundation-for-my-skin/qaq-p...

Recommendations can be made once we know more of your wants and needs. 

Opting for a primer applied prior to foundation can also be beneficial in improving the wear and longevity of a formula as it can prevent product from caking, settling, melting/fading, and being disrupted from oil. If you'd like more information on primers and their formula types, check out:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/BB-Cream-CC-Cream-Face-Primer-What-is-the-difference/m-p/156982...

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors