Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
WHAT IS THE BEST FOUNDATION/MAKEUP FOR OILY SKIN

I am just wanting to know what the best foundation/make up you suggest for oily skin>

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST FOUNDATION/MAKEUP FOR OILY SKIN

something more matte. I cant stand the oil 🙂

For fuller coverage with a matte finish, I'd recommend Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation. This rich liquid utilizes Amazonian Clay to absorb excess oil while keeping skin balanced. It provides medium to full coverage and is also a brand that utilizes mineral-based pigments and components so it's a nice segway from Bare Minerals.

You may also look into trying a new primer. Smashbox's Pore Minimizing Photo Finish Primer, Givenchy's Mister Mat, or Benefit's Porefessional for extra oil control and mattifying properties.

someone also suggested kat von d foundation... what do you think of that one
?

The KVD formula is like an amped up version of the Tarte in terms of consistency and provides an even more matte finish. While the KVD is very popular, it may also be too heavy/thick for some. If you may not want a formula that is quite so rich and makes it look like your are very much indeed "made up", you may consider Estee Lauder's Double Wear liquid for full coverage and a matte finish without being so thick if you want to explore something outside of the Tarte formula.

ok thank you I used that a while ago it did do ok.

The coverage, finish, and consistency of the Tarte formula is definitely a departure from the Bare Skin foundation and by the aspects you've shared of what you're looking for, it seems right up the alley of Tarte.

Using the Tarte formula will also prevent you from having to double up on layering foundations (like with the Bare Skin liquid and then the Matte foundation powder from Bare Minerals.

yes I have been using bare minerals foundation primer. called prime time. their foundation liquid. and then the matte powder and mineral veil. it is really good for a while but then I get oily in the afternoon. I need something with heavy coverage.

The BareSkin foundation has a more dewy finish because the formula has a serum-like base with coconut alkanes which may explain why it eventually becomes more oily looking once your skin's natural oils have begun to develop and release throughout the day.

By chance are you wanting a slightly dewier finish, but in a formula that controls and keeps oil at bay (so the supple, luminous shine is from the makeup and not your actual skin)? Or are you wanting something more matte?

Hi, Heddor2001!

Can you please share with us more information such as what type of finish you may prefer, what formulation you'd like to work with, and what level of coverage you're looking for?

Knowing these aspects can help myself and others make more specified recommendations for you! In addition to needing a new foundation, by chance are you utilizing a foundation primer to help prep skin and aid in oil control prior to your makeup application? If so, which formula are you using? Being sure your skin care regimen is also tailored toward regulating and balancing the oil will also benefit improved makeup applications and wear!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors