Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Dry skin, flakes and tiny pimples. What is hapenning to me??

Aight, I'm gonna try and give as much details as possible without being too boring.

I have rosacea which is treated with Noritate, prescribed by my dermatologist. But with winter came the very dry skin and flakes all over my cheeks and some near my mouth.

I started exfoliated with St-Ives apricot scrub and I got amazing results. Baby butt smooth skin. I applied a moisturizer after to avoid the flakes to come back and it worked perfectly.

(I used Glazal Base)

For some reasons, the moisturizer only last 2 hours and I started having flakes again. I upped my exfoliation to 2 times a week, without going overboard, as I don't want my skin to be oily. And because I can't use too many products on my skin.

Well, I started having what looks to be perioral dermatitis. Red tiny bumbs, all my cheeks and my chin. Never had that before. I stopped using ALL products for 2 weeks, only washed my face with water and with Cetaphil soap once a week. Nothing worked. I then used tea tree oil diluted in water over the bumbs and they're now gone. Great! Except that the flakes are STILL there! It's driving me crazy. I stopped wearing makeup 2 months ago too. Thinking that maybe it was bacteria.

But the flakes. AAahhh! And today I had 5 tiny white head pimples.

I don't know what to do anymore.

I have an appointment with my dermatologist May 31st, but it's at the end of the month and I can't stand looking the way I do.

Help?

Thank you.

Hi - I can empathize.  For years I was told that I had ro...

Hi - I can empathize.  For years I was told that I had roscea but in reality it is peri oral dermatitis.  I have found that I can only use  Pepsident toothpaste.  This one change made a huge difference.  As far as products I can use Lancome, Dior, and Shisedo without issues.  Also Jurlique daily exfoliating scrub works without irritation - but some of their other products give me trouble.  Good luck 🙂  Also sometimes I have to take Doxycycline for 30 days to clear up an inflammation.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having so much trouble...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having so much trouble with your skin, but making an appointment with a dermatologist was the best thing for you to do at this point (good for you!).

I wanted to let you know about Clinique's Redness Solutions line of products which are specifically designed for skin with redness and rosacea.  They have a great moisturizer called Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream.  It is a gentle, oil-free moisturizer that calms and soothes redness-prone skin—even skin with rosacea.  This extra-gentle, oil-free moisturizing cream provides instant relief to skin with persistent redness, blotchiness, or broken capillaries and it helps avert future flare-ups.  It is for all skin types and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=EXAZDREQYSTWMCV0KQLQX0Q?id=P201440&categoryId...

You may want to take a peek at all of the Clinique Redness Solutions products which include both skincare and makeup products.  You can find them here:  http://www.sephora.com/search/search_results.jhtml;jsessionid=EXAZDREQYSTWMCV0KQLQX0Q?command=text&a...

I hope this helps you and good luck! 🙂

Have you tried Yu-Be moisturizing cream?  It really helpe...

Have you tried Yu-Be moisturizing cream?  It really helped with my red, patchy, dry, sensitive super-reactive skin (pregnancy hormones) and even helped soothe my friend's chemo burns from cancer treatments...

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors