Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Is Dr Dennis gross beta peel extra strength good for reducing acne scars?

I Was just wondering because I was to reduce my acne scarring and this product cost 80 dollars so I don't want to waste money if its not good for acne scars, thanks 

Sorry it took awhile to respond catvalentine!  The Dr. De...

Sorry it took awhile to respond catvalentine!  The Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Extra Strength Alpha Betal Peel would be perfect for fading acne scarring because it contains retinol which helps smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, but also exfoliates the top layers of your skin so the scarring is reduced. Since this peel contains retinol you should only use it once a day and at night.  You should also remember to wear sunscreen daily since some become sensitive while using retinol.  Using a sunscreen will also prevent the scars from resurfacing.  If you're sensitive to retinol, there are other ingredients that you could look for in products that will help reduce and completely remove scarring over time.  Check out this thread where I've recommended some lighteners and brighteners and also mention various ingredients to look for:

Acne Scarring

I hope that answered your question!

Cheers,

Tiffany

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors