Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Laser Hair Removal causing deep blackheads & scars. Mask to draw out bacteria to prevent scars?

I never get blackheads on my cheeks but since starting some laser hair removal, I get these crazy blackheads and they're causing some scarring.  I have combo skin that I use a scrub as well as a pomegrante cleanser on.  Being mixed (black/white), I knew there was some risk of scarring with the laser hair removal but this is ridiculous.  Advice?

Tags:
Are you getting it professionally done or doing it at hom...

Are you getting it professionally done or doing it at home ? Your skin color shouldnt have anythig to do with the scarring, it mostly depends on how often you've been in the sun recently. I know when I had laser done after being in the sun it burned the #$%^ out of my legs and arms, I looked like I had a skin disease. If it's because of the sun then it should most likely go away within a few weeks, until then your gonna have to wait it out, laser rarely causes permanent scarring.

Re: Are you getting it professionally done or doing it at hom...
you should try the pores no more vaccum cleaner or the boscia luminizing black mask. Boscia has all natural ingredients and is a bit on the cheaper side. I haven't personally used the pores no more vaccum cleaner but it seems better for your particular situation.
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P266800&categoryId=B70
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P236007&categoryId=B70
Hope they help !
Re: Are you getting it professionally done or doing it at hom...
I'm having it professionally done and she's going really conservatively because laser can cause scarring. I religiously put sunscreen on everyday so it's not like I'm getting sun exposure.

I am interested in a mask to pull out all this blackhead crap though. Advice?
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors