Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Skincare Routine

Recently I switched my skin care routine because my old one was not working at all.

On November 16th, I started using First Aid Beauty cleanser, Ole Hendriksen Grease Relief toner, and Clinique Dramatically Different Gel moisturizer. Since then, I haven't been getting major pimples, but my main concern was bumpy skin, and pores which hasn't improved. On Christmas I got a Clarisonic, so I've been using that every morning. Still no improvement in my skin, and its getting incredibly frustrating. SOS, any suggestions? 

Re: Skincare Routine

Steph

I agree with Chicdabbler that a gentle exfoliant will really help with bumpoy texture.  Very often this is just dead skin that collects together instead of shedding.  It gets more problematic as we get older...

I love Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peel pads.  I would suggest starting them twice a week and see how you like it.  It would be a good idea to cut back on the Clarisonic when trying the DDG peels - it might be too much too soon.

I avoid physical scrubs because they can sometimes be a bit harsh unless the particles are really smooth and tiny.  A lot of people with sensitive skin can react a bit poorly to physical exfoliants.

Re: Skincare Routine

That's a great basic routine. For bumpy skin and pores, you need a peel or mask. What do you use to exfoliate? what masks do you use? some clay/mud/charcoal mask deal with pores but for bumpy skin you need a scrub or peel. I like Origins Charcoal mask. If you've never exfoliated.....try either ExfoliKate gentle or DDG alpha beta peel pads to see if they help.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors