Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Sunspots

I have a lot of sunspots on my face.  I began using sunscreen religiously several years ago and wear hats all the time to shade my face but noticed I still gain new sunspots every summer.  What could I do to reduce the chances of that happening? And is there anything I could use to fade the sunspots I already have?

Tags:
A very good product for lightening age spots and other sk...

A very good product for lightening age spots and other skin discolorations is Murad Age Spot & Pigment Lightening Gel which fades unwanted discoloration and improves skin's clarity by infusing powerful skin lightening agents and exfoliating damaged cells.  It can be applied to the face, hands, neck and chest.  You can find out more about it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P4009&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you. 🙂

a dermatologist can help you fade your existing sun spots...

a dermatologist can help you fade your existing sun spots and make sure there is nothing of serious concern.

I found that I had to go to a really high SPF for every d...

I found that I had to go to a really high SPF for every day to really fade my spots. I use La-Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 60 Ultra Light Fluid for face (I have oily skin) everyday, under makeup or by itself. The usual SPF 15 that you find in makeup or face products really doesn't give enough protection, plus it is hard to put enough on without feeling goopy, so SPF 15 turns out to be around SPF 5. If you are going to be out in the sun, you have to reapply religiously every 2 hours, too, once in the AM doesn't do it. I also try to avoid being out in the direct sun between 10AM and 3PM, every little bit helps.

As to fading the spots, I use Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, AM and PM.  It takes awhile to work, but I saw results in about a month.

Clinique:http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P257535&categoryId=C16353

Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors