Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
best face wash for me?

i have dry and blotchy skin so what would be a good face wash for me?

Tags (5)
Hi, oil-based cleansers are for makeup removal (massaged...

Hi, oil-based cleansers are for makeup removal (massaged to dry face with dry hands), then you'd need to follow up with a gentle foaming cleanser for your skin type. This is asia's famous double cleansing method. This method ensures you remove the two types of dirt without ever using harsh or over stripping cleansers.  One type of dirt is oil dirt such as makeup grease and oil based cleansers connect with grease the best. Foaming cleansers are for removing water dirt such as pillow dust, sweat and bacteria. I recommend a foaming cleanser in the form of a gentle bar (amore pacific treatment cleansing soap, neimans), foaming gel or foam from pump. I suggest to stay away from foaming cleanser like toothpaste type because those contain the most foaming agents and usually contain more harmful ingredients. Many people assume this is a good cleanser for makeup but that's a mistake. the foaming agents are very harsh so although it appears the makeup is washed off, your skin will weaken in the long run, causing early aging skin such as thinning of skin, etc. 

@ roxysk8tgirl - There's two cleansers that work really w...

@ roxysk8tgirl - There's two cleansers that work really well together using either one at night and the other during the day. The one that I would recommend using in the morning is the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (http://bit.ly/a1bH0n) and the REN Jojoba Microbead Invigorating Facial Polish (http://bit.ly/jMB1Kh) at night.  The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser uses soybeans which provide amino acids that are essential in helping the skin to retain moisture maintain elasticity and preserve a smooth appearance.  When you're finished washing your face you'll feel really smooth and hydrated. Using the REN Jojoba Microbead Invigorating Facial Polish will provide a gentle exfoliation that's okay for you to use daily. The facial polish is formulated with microbeads of jojoba oil, it removes dead skin cells, deeply cleanses, and purifies the complexion.

I hope this helps! Smiley Wink

Soybeans provide amino acids that are essential in helping the skin to retain moisture maintain elasticity and preserve a smooth appearance.

Maybe consider using a oil cleanser, like Shu Uemura or J...

Maybe consider using a oil cleanser, like Shu Uemura or Josie Maran? I heard that's good for dry skin because some oils contain Vitamin E. I hope this helps!

I would recommend using a good moisturizer to help your d...

I would recommend using a good moisturizer to help your dry skin, because most cleansers dry out your skin because they remove dirt and excess oil from your face. I have semi-dry skin and use Clinique's Dramatically different moisturizing gel (not lotion) for a moisturizer. For a cleanser I use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors