Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
dry flakes on my face

so recently I have been getting these dry flakes on my face. I wash, exfoliate, and mosturize my face. I use The Clinique Gel Mostuizer and even after I still get these dry flakes. What do I do? Keep in mind that I am only 14 and wear makeup only 1-2 times a week;barely at times. I am scared I might have eczema. It looks very awful but I just cant get it off no matter what I do.

Is the gel bad? or should I use the Clinique Mosturizing Lotion?

An excellent moisturizer for young, acne-prone skin is Ki...

An excellent moisturizer for young, acne-prone skin is Kinerase "Lotion" because it is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free and is non-irritating for even the most sensitive skin.  You can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P234614​&categoryId=B70

It will not clog your pores or cause breakouts and I think you'll really like its light texture.

I hope this helps you. 🙂

The gel might not be moisturizing enough for your skin. T...

The gel might not be moisturizing enough for your skin. Try the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, or Moisture Surge, and see if that helps. If you have scaly patches, or redness, you might have another skin condition going on, and it would be best to see a dermatologist -- s/he might be able to recommend or prescribe something that will help right away!

: )

I love the gel but when my skin is really dry the Moistur...

I love the gel but when my skin is really dry the Moisture Surge is great. 

The gel isn't bad, It's just not right for you. Try the l...

The gel isn't bad, It's just not right for you. Try the lotion instead or a heavy moisturizing cream and dab a second layer over the dry spots after the first one dries. You also could be over exfoliating, I have a minor case of eczema on my arms and legs and exfoliating every day will not help. Only exfoliate once a week, especially since your skin is so young and delicate. Do this for about a week and if nothing improves you should definitely go see a dermatologist.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors