Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
skin reaction on my eyes. please help!

I recently found a skin oil treatment at a drugstore called "Bio-oil." It said on the bottle for body and face, and while it has improved the skin on my arms and legs, I woke up with a horrible stubbly redness on my eyelids and under eyes after applying it to my face the night before. For some reason, the rest of my face was not affeced. I stopped using the oil formula altogether, and have washed my face and been applying vitamin E eye cream to soothe the red, bumpy skin that is affected. It is still there, it has been 2 days and seems to be getting a bit worse as the skin fold on my eyelid is red and a bit swollen, I had little dry bumpy patches this morning. Can anyone please help me on what to do to help soothe the soreness and smooth the bumpiness away? could this have been a skin reaction? why would the skin under my brow turn dry if it had the moisture oil in it? if anyone can give me any tips, I'd really appreciate it

thanks for taking the time to read my question. any answers are greatly appreciated  =/

Tags (4)
Wow. I tried Bio-oil a few years back thinking I would ge...

Wow. I tried Bio-oil a few years back thinking I would get rid of my acne scars, but it only made it worse. However, it didn't go to that extent. I would say that your reaction sounds like rosacea, which I have experienced before. You should go to a doctor to get a cream prescribed. That's what I did and eventually it went away. Hang in there. I hope this helps and good luck!

Hello kialama I, too have used bio oil before. Although i...
Hello kialama I, too have used bio oil before. Although it says you can use it all over, it works best on problem areas only. If you use it too much then you develope a sort of immunity to it. If you do use it on your face put it on dry spots only. As for eye remedies, try soaking a washcloth in cool water and use it as a compress. You can also use pond's dry skin cream. Put on a glob and wipe it off. It may sting or make your vision blurry but that soon resolves. Good luck!
Hi Kilama,   This definitely sounds like an allergic reac...

-

Re: Hi Kilama,   This definitely sounds like an allergic reac...
just got back from the doctor who and called what I have 'contact dermatitis'. may need to re-train on the sanitizing.
people in one of your pa stores need to be aware of the s...

people in one of your pa stores need to be aware of the sensitivity of the skin below the eyes. I'm still reacting to the brush poking (yes front on) in that delicate skin. I also got a fever blister 2 days later...from the lip brush? I don't know. Very disappointing.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors